The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Emmons 1979 PP D-10 $3595
Bill Joerger

Sunset Beach, NC USA
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2017 6:50 am    

1979 Emmons Push-Pull D-10 (double ten string) with eight pedals and five knee levers. E9th tuning on the outer neck, C6th on the inner. Pedal and lever set-up is standard Buddy Emmons. Mica Walnut. Standard height. Serial number 2688D. I’m the original owner, having bought it direct from the Emmons Company back in ’79. About six years ago this guitar was dissembled and refurbished by Tommy Cass. It's in excellent condition. Has no bar dings, but does show little wear where my right hand pinky finger has since wore a bit of black off the E9th fret-board. To prevent further wear, I stuck over some clear tape which you may see in the photo. Asking price is $3595 cash or cashiers check. If you were to find another of this vintage, beware, it most probably hadn’t been restored and consequently the action of the string changer maybe looser and worn more than it should be otherwise. If possible, I would like to avoid the prospect of shipping. However, I still have the original shipping carton it came with. Shipping would cost extra. So, if there is any interest, I’d rather have a potential buyer come by and give it a test run. If not too far, I might even drive to meet one half way. You’ve heard it said that these PP are tone monsters. Over the years I’ve had other makes. They’ve all come and gone while always holding on to this Emmons. Why? Side by side, I’ve found no comparison to the Emmons PP’s gutsy sound. Once you’ve lived with it, it’s hard to let go.

Last edited by Bill Joerger on 12 Feb 2017 10:42 am; edited 4 times in total

Leo Grassl

Madison TN
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2017 11:22 am    

Beautiful guitar! Tommy's work is absolutely outstanding on PPs.

Tommy Auldridge

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2017 11:36 am     What an investment this could be.

If I didn't already have way too many of these, I'd be headed for North Carolina right now. Perfect example of a sound investment. Thanks, Tommy......I wouldn't ship that one either.

Bill Joerger

Sunset Beach, NC USA
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2017 6:43 pm     Emmons 1979 PP D-10 $3495

Tommy does great work. No question. I was living on Cape Cod at the time I had him work his magic.

Bill Joerger

Sunset Beach, NC USA
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2017 6:14 am     Emmons 1979 PP D-10 $3495

Is everyone broke after the Holidays? If you ever wanted one of these tone monsters, you sure don't want to let this one go. Bump it up!

Scott Truax

Florida
Post  Posted 13 Feb 2017 8:35 am     Emmons P/P

Billy J,

Check your email please.

Scott Truax

Bill Joerger

Sunset Beach, NC USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2017 7:12 pm    

No longer available. Found a buyer locally on Craig's list. Please close it up.