The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  MSA D10 Burgandy--- "SS" Model $2500. Firm plus shipping
Marty Broussard

Broussard, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2017 11:02 am    

The guitar and case are in excellent condition. Has Lawrence pups, plays smooth, sounds awesome. I'm selling it because I purchased a lighter fly-guitar and the initial deal fell through. Ship to the lower 48. I will post pics tonight.

Set-up is 8&4:
LKL- raises 4&8 1/2 tone
L 1&7 a whole tone
RKR-lowers 2&9 a whole tone & 1/2 tone respectively

"Technique is really the elimination of the unnecessary..it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to achieve the smooth flow of energy and intent" Yehudi Menuhin

Last edited by Marty Broussard on 13 Jan 2017 5:37 am; edited 5 times in total

Steven Black

Gahanna, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2017 2:35 pm     A message from Steve Black

Hey Marty, can you send me pictures of the MSA? Steve Black, 614-562-2291, Black43230@yahoo.com

Marty Broussard

Post  Posted 11 Jan 2017 4:12 pm    

Steven, I'll take some pics and send them tonight.

"Technique is really the elimination of the unnecessary..it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to achieve the smooth flow of energy and intent" Yehudi Menuhin

Marty Broussard

Post  Posted 11 Jan 2017 6:57 pm    

Pics added

Dale Rottacker

Walla Walla Washington, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jan 2017 5:31 am    

Really pretty guitar Marty!!
*1977 Blue Sho-Bud Pro 3 Custom 8x6
https://msapedalsteels.com
http://rittenberrysteelguitars.com
https://www.telonics.com/index.php
https://www.p2pamps.com
https://www.quilterlabs.com

Marty Broussard

Post  Posted 12 Jan 2017 7:32 am    

Thanks Dale! It sounds and plays as good as it looks. I searched for this particular model and intended to keep it but I'm not a collector and it would sit in storage.

Daniel J. Cormier

Lake Charles, LA, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jan 2017 11:07 am     Msa Ss

IMHO these are the very best sounding MSA guitars very built. Heck it has 300.00 worth of classic 705 pickups in it. Have seen this guitar up close and she is beautiful. Would make a run at it if I didn't already have 2 fairly new guitars.

Marty Broussard

Post  Posted 12 Jan 2017 11:20 am    

Thanks for the testament Danny!

David Higginbotham

Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jan 2017 1:09 pm    

Guys, I watched Marty play this MSA Monday night and it looks & sounds amazing! Please don't confuse this model with the large heavy MSA's of the earlier years. This is a compact model. Lighter weight with triple raise triple lower changer and those original 705 pickups just add great tone and clarity to an already great sounding guitar. There's not many of these models floating around out there and the ones that have them are very reluctant to part with them.
Dave

Marty Broussard

Post  Posted 12 Jan 2017 1:51 pm    

Thanks Dave. I appreciate the kind words!

Steven Black

Gahanna, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jan 2017 5:44 pm     A message from Steve Black

This is the guitar I have been searching for, is there pictures of the undercarriage? I am interested my number is 614-562-2291, Black43230@yahoo.com

Marty Broussard

Post  Posted 12 Jan 2017 6:37 pm    

Steven,
There is a pic of the undercarriage above that should be hi-resolution. I will call you later.

Steven Black

Gahanna, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2017 4:57 pm     A message from Steve Black

Hey Marty, I will call you on Sunday, been busy putting in overtime all this week.

Matthew Begay

Quantico, VA, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2017 7:02 pm    

Thanks for letting me play on it the other night along with Tracy and the rest of the band! That steel felt wonderful and played like a charm.

Kevin Fix

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2017 7:38 pm     Super Nice Msa!!

Marty, I am carrying a new Mullen Discovery, 3+5 now. I'm happy. Real easy on the back.

Marty Broussard

Post  Posted 15 Jan 2017 6:47 am    

Matthew,
You're welcome. It was a pleasure hearing you play.

Marty Broussard

Post  Posted 16 Jan 2017 9:05 am    

Deal Pending...

David Wright

Pilot Point ,Tx USA.
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2017 6:59 am    

F.Y.I.
This guitar was born ..........
July 1, 1981

these are Great little guitars....))))

J R Rose

Keota, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2017 7:23 am    

Hey Marty, Hope your sale goes thru. Just want to add my 2 cents. I had one just like this in the mid eighty's to early 90's. Same color and 8 & 4 and stayed in tune better than any guitar I think I have ever had. Carried it all over OK., TX., NM, AZ. Never had any troubles with it. They are a GREAT & WELL BUILT
GUITAR. Thanks, J.R. Rose

Marty Broussard

Post  Posted 18 Jan 2017 9:13 am    

Thanks guys, this is a great guitar. I wasn't looking to sell it but someone asked about it so I accommodated them by finding another guitar. When that fell through I decided not to store it and I'm happy to say that it should be going to a great home. ( more info to come). It is stable and sounds awesome. I wish my LeGrande played as smoothly as this guitar. I'm considering sending my Emmons to someone and have them try to accomplish that.

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2017 8:18 pm    

I had a twin to this one for several years, and you are correct, they play as good as any modern guitar. I wish I hadn't sold it, but Tony Tims has been happy with it. I have a couple more SS's I'm in the process of rebuilding.
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.

Marty Broussard

Post  Posted 21 Jan 2017 7:56 am    

Darwin, I can't help but wonder what it would sound like with metal necks or keyless. I just don't want to experiment anymore; I want to practice and play them.

Steven Black

Gahanna, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2017 5:08 pm     A question from Steve Black

Hello Marty, did this guitar find a new home yet? Steve B.

Marty Broussard

Post  Posted 21 Jan 2017 7:10 pm    

Yes, as of today I'm happy to say that the guitar is packed and will be going to a great home and a promising young player named Matthew Begay. I will start a thread in the Players section.
Thank you to everyone who expressed interest and keep your eyes out for Matthew.

Best regards,