The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Boss Volume Pedal anyone?
John Russell

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2017 2:51 pm    

Am I the only guy using this pedal? I've been using a Boss FV 500H for five years or so and have had no trouble. It features a crank-type device instead of a string or electronic thing. I'd be interested to see if anyone else likes these. The cost was about $95

Georg Sørtun

Mandal, Agder, Norway
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2017 4:27 pm    

I have used the BOSS FV-500L for a few years, until the screws holding the moving part to the axle broke off so it won't stay in position. Haven't bothered to repair it (yet), so I replaced it with the smaller FV50L.

I always use a buffer-amp, so I prefer the low res (50K) variants of these VPs.

I have a Goodrich and a couple of other dedicated steel VPs, but like the BOSS VPs better - despite the jacks being on the front-side Smile

John Russell

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2017 7:14 am    

It's built like a tank. I had one small problem a couple of years ago that was easily fixed. I don't like the input jacks on the front but solved it by raising my pedal rack about 1/2" off the floor--the cords can pass under. If it ever died, I gladly buy another one. I spent many years babysitting Ernie Ball and Goodrich pedals. If I had a real job, maybe I'd buy one of the high-tech electronic pedals. I'm a musician.

I guess I'm sort of a Boss/Roland guy. I love my Cube 80 and use the GE-7 and the RV-3 Delay/Reverb. If they built a pedal steel, I'd probably use it.

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2017 7:53 am    

Seems like there's plenty of space inside to move just the input and output jacks to the right side of pedal. Has anyone looked at that?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2017 7:56 am    

See mod article below:

https://www.vertexeffects.com/blog/DIY-Volume-Pedal-Mod-Boss-FV500H-Mono

https://www.vertexeffects.com/mono-volume-pedal

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger