The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Peavey Nashville 1000 with 2 12's
Dale McPherson

Morristown, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2017 9:34 am    

I am looking at buying a Peavey Nasville 1000 with 2 12" speakers. Seller is telling me that it is very rare and Peavey only made a few of them. I can't find anything about it. Has anyone had any experience with one? I am playing E9 only and thought it might be a good fit?

Lane Gray

Topeka, KS
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2017 10:05 am    

As long as it has good speakers in it, you should have a damn fine amp I like the sound of 2 12s. Hell, it might even cure the "sterility" of the N 1000. That's among my least favorite Peavey steel amps, but a pair of 12s might be cool.
The important thing is: how much will it cost? I certainly wouldn't pay a premium price for the rarer version.

Dale McPherson

Post  Posted 9 Jan 2017 5:48 pm    

Mike Brown. Any input?

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2017 6:37 am    

My least favorite Peavey amp as well but still a good amp.

TWO TRUTHS

One year in one for the rooms at St Louis, I think it was the PV room. Lloyd Green was playing thru a N1000 and out of his mouth comes, "these are real hard amps to dial in the mids, turn it own to zero ".

Bobbe Seymour was playing a NC Show, he asked to use my N1000, he played thru it for about a minute and in his typical way he looked at me and said..Tony, I hope you didn't pay for this amp" ! He then unplugged and went to the next amp!

The 2x12's may very well be a savior for the amp in question , speakers can make a huge change for any amp.

Give it a TRY if the price is right. It's still a good amp and even I would acquire one at a good price.

I don't recall seeing any stock PV N1000's with 2x12's, never even heard of them, but I also live in a cave. Smile

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website

Jonathan Cullifer

Gallatin, TN
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2017 9:29 am    

What speakers does it have in it? I'd guess 1201-8 or some 1203 variant, but that's a curious combination.

Dale McPherson

Post  Posted 10 Jan 2017 10:58 am     My Bad

Talk about being embarrassed. Guys, I am sorry. I went back to the store today and the amp has a 15 in it. Yesterday as I was leaving the store, the owner told me he had a rare prototype Nashville 1000 with 2 12's in it. I did not bother to go back downstairs to see it. I later checked my literature and could not find anything about one. I guess for good reason. Anyway, I went back today to possibly purchase it and the rest is history. I am sorry. Dale

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2017 2:17 pm    

No reason to be embarrassed, did you bring the amp home , ? It's a fine amp regardless of our opinions !

Dale McPherson

Post  Posted 10 Jan 2017 2:21 pm    

No. I already have a Nashville 1000. He has a good price on it tho. $699. Brand new. Still has the tags on it.

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2017 2:09 am    

Dale McPherson wrote:
No. I already have a Nashville 1000. He has a good price on it tho. $699. Brand new. Still has the tags on it.

I would say wise decision, especially if you already have a N1000.

Used NICE N400's go for $300 to $350 all day long and are much more "mid" friendly . I would grab a N1000 if it was in that price range.

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 12 Jan 2017 12:54 pm     Nashville 1000

We've never manufactured a Nashville 1000 equipped with two 12 inch speakers.

I don't know if you might have forgotten or never heard that in 1997, we rounded up about ten pro Nashville session steel guitarists. As far as I can remember, it was Jeff Newman, Lloyd Green, Stu Basore, Buddy Emmons, Tommy White, Paul Franklin, Randy Beavers and more pro players jammed at Soundcheck with a bassist and drummer that Peavey hired to provide the rhythm section.

The sole purpose was to either give the "thumbs up or thumbs down" on the new Nashville 1000, Session 2000 and PX300 models. After two complete days of jamming, they all came to the conclusion that Peavey had designed some of the best amplifiers for steel ever.

Now, this is not to state that these pro players didn't have their favorite Peavey steel amplifier at that time as I did hear comments such as "I still prefer the original Session 400/LTD 400 over these newer amplifiers". Every player will always have their favorite guitar, amplifier, effects device or whatever. You could pick two different players on the same day and get two different opinions.

All that we look for when designing a new amplifier is a general consensus, but we also back it up with the 52 years of experience too! Add the technological advancements and last but not least, make it lighter in weight. As a matter of fact, I just described the new Session 115!

Speaking of two 12's, we also manufacture the Robert Randolph 212 steel guitar cab.