The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Dallas Seminar- Seats Still Available
Buck Reid

Nashville,TN
Post  Posted 4 Jan 2017 5:14 pm    

Thanks to my good friends with the Texas Steel Guitar Association for inviting me once again to play their 33rd Annual Texas Steel Guitar Jamboree in March 2017... and to also give a full day teaching seminar the day before the show starts. This is always a fun filled weekend with so many talented singers and musicians. You can check out the link below for information about the show... and please email me directly for more info about the seminar and how to pre-register. Sign up early as space for the class is limited and seats fill quickly... see you there!

Get info here: http://www.texassteelguitar.org/jam.html

Ben Lawson

Brooksville Florida
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2017 5:21 am    

A bunch of us went to Bucks seminar in Norwalk Ct. in November. I could not believe how knowledgable Buck is about steel guitar and music theory. He gave us information that I would not be smart enough to ask about. Most all of us know how friendly and humble Buck is but I have never had anyone articulate steel playing so clearly. Sign up folks and you won't be sorry!

Brian Straub

Connecticut, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2017 6:03 am     Seminar

These seminars are excellent for all levels of steel players. I've been to two seminars at the Dallas show in past years. Last year Jay Dee and two years prior Paul F. Learned a lot about theory, backing a singer, riffs, bandstand knowledge etc. This promises to be a great one as well with Buck Reid!! See you there.

Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2017 10:15 am    

It was my intention to attend this year's Dallas Jamboree plus Buck's seminar, but very regretfully I have had to change my plans.

For anyone who hasn't attended Buck's previous seminars, he has brilliant presentation skills. He makes himself available to answer questions from the floor, and demonstrates a very wide knowledge of technique and musicality. You won't find a more humble and engaging human being than Buck, and this is demonstrated throughout his seminars.

Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,

Last edited by Ken Byng on 24 Jan 2017 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2017 1:57 pm    

Buck is one of the steel guitar legends of the future.

With the passing of Buddy Emmons, there are very few of the major players of the "Golden Era" of pedal steel still among us, much less performing. Lloyd Green is one example still gigging, praise God.

Doug Jernigan, Paul Franklin, Tommy White, Mike Johnson, Buck Reid and others will one day be in their 60s and 70s and are the legends of the future.

This is an opportunity to learn from one of the best, and one of the most articulate. Don't pass up a day's lesson with my friend Buck.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?

scott murray

Asheville, NC
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2017 10:36 pm    

Doug is 71, God bless him, and doesn't appear to be slowing down much. lucky us. it was an unexpected joy to see him onstage with Tom Killen a few months back at the Nashville Palace.

wish I could make it to Dallas and Buck's seminar. for those of us who can't be there, I believe Buck is still available for private lessons from time to time.

and Herb, I think you've achieved pretty legendary status yourself sir. do you do any seminars or lessons?

Charley Hill

The Dirty South
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2017 5:19 am    

Herb Steiner wrote:
Buck is one of the steel guitar legends of the future.

With the passing of Buddy Emmons, there are very few of the major players of the "Golden Era" of pedal steel still among us, much less performing. Lloyd Green is one example still gigging, praise God.

Doug Jernigan, Paul Franklin, Tommy White, Mike Johnson, Buck Reid and others will one day be in their 60s and 70s and are the legends of the future.

This is an opportunity to learn from one of the best, and one of the most articulate. Don't pass up a day's lesson with my friend Buck.

Right on Herb!

Buck is one of the '" Torch" Holders! Thankful for players like Eddy Dunlap, Austin Tripp, Brett Robinson and, recently, Jacob King from MO.

All the ones mentioned earlier have been instrumental in carving out a nice creative path for the rest of us to trod down.

Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2017 4:46 am    

Last minute bump for Buck. His seminars are unmissable for those folks who are at the Sheraton Hotel at Irving today. The information and tips that Buck gives out are priceless. Very Happy
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,