The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  RFD-TV with great steel players!
Butch Pytko

Orlando, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2016 6:01 pm    

After years of hearing raves about Classic/Traditional Country music on RFD-TV on the forum, we finally got the channel here on a local cable provider. I found out it actually started back in mid-November, but I only discovered it a little over a week ago. Through the last week I saw the Marty Stuart Show with Gary Carter on his Zum steel. Then today, I was blown away watching Tru Country with Jake Hooker and Tommy Hooker(Jake's Dad), with Rick Price on his Emmons Push-Pull. Singers Bobby Flores and Shar Stevens were there too, with Gary Carpenter--player and builder of the Rains steel, and Jim Loessberg playing his Emmons Push-Pull. It was absolutely incredible, the music they played in only a 30 minute show. The sound mix was perfect, with the steel and fiddles out front, as it should be--sounded great with my big screen TV patched through my stereo system's large floor standing speakers! Also, excellent camera work showing close-ups of the steel players and fiddle players. There was another show I saw--something Jubilee?--with a very good steel player, but I don't know who he was. Man, I haven't seen country shows like this in a lot of years!

J R Rose

Keota, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2016 6:19 pm    

Lucky You Butch. Not everyone is so lucky. Me Yes, They are just at crazy hours. J.R.

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2016 6:43 pm    

And this is ME on with Bobby Flores & Miss Leslie - Big Mamou> https://youtu.be/VByaGnNTJ4o
; and course on all the Miss Leslie stuff.
Ricky

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 24 Dec 2016 9:37 am    

Great playing and sound Ricky...i dont have tv but if i did that would be the channel i would want !
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Brad Malone

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 26 Dec 2016 2:43 pm     Rfd..tv

I use to get RFD-TV but for some reason Verizon cancelled it...that was the best channel on TV and the creeps cancelled it..really make me angry but it is what it is.

Dean Holman

Branson MO
Post  Posted 27 Dec 2016 12:07 am    

Butch, the Jubilee show you saw was Presleys' Country Jubilee in Branson MO and I am the steel player on that show. I too am glad RFD airs these shows with good steel players and good Country music. Our show is always on right before the Marty Stuart show. I hope they keep these shows going for a long time. I try my best to play some good tasty steel and I hope everyone is enjoying. It's because there's not alot of shows with steel anymore that I try to play as much as I'm allowed and then some. I sure love playing my Rittenberry on the show with it's beautiful looks and tone. Glad your enjoying the shows.

Bill Ladd

Wilmington, NC, USA
Post  Posted 27 Dec 2016 3:49 am    

Hey Dean! Been sitting here since 6:30am local time watching you tearing it up!

TWC finally got RFD-TV in their lineup. Crazy time for music, though. Good thing I'm an early riser.

Floyd Lowery

Deland, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 27 Dec 2016 5:55 am    

I record all the Tru Country shows and they are fantastic. If you don't get your fill of them on RFD TV, go to You Tube and there you can find a lot of good Tru Country shows. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 27 Dec 2016 11:50 am    

Floyd Lowery wrote:
I record all the Tru Country shows and they are fantastic. If you don't get your fill of them on RFD TV, go to You Tube and there you can find a lot of good Tru Country shows. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

One of my favorite artists, and also a Facebook friend, Danni Leigh was on that show, and Jim Loessberg was playing steel with her on the show. Danni really loves the steel guitar!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Butch Pytko

Orlando, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 27 Dec 2016 12:17 pm    

Dean, thanks for letting me and all the other steel guitar fans know about what you're doing on Presleys' Country Jubilee playing your Rittenberry. After I wrote my initial post/topic, I looked on the schedule and found your show name. I will be watching from now on, so keep-up the great steel playing!

Dan Robinson

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 29 Dec 2016 11:10 pm    

Ricky, you are one of my heroes! That was so cool, what a thrill playing with Miss Leslie. And hearing Bobby Flores, I want to learn to speak French, ah haaa!

Dan

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2016 10:28 am    

Thanks Dan. Miss Leslie is actually my Ex and the Mother of my 6 year old Daughter; and I played steel on all 4 of her first CD's until we broke up in 2012.
Bobby is amazing at EVERYTHING he does.
Ricky

Barry Blackwood

Post  Posted 31 Dec 2016 9:36 am    

Quote:
I use to get RFD-TV but for some reason Verizon cancelled it...that was the best channel on TV and the creeps cancelled it..really make me angry but it is what it is.

...until it isn't.

Pat Moore

Virginia USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2016 11:19 am     TruCountry w/Ricky Davis

Ricky Davis wrote:
And this is ME on with Bobby Flores & Miss Leslie - Big Mamou> https://youtu.be/VByaGnNTJ4o
; and course on all the Miss Leslie stuff.
Ricky

Wow, hey Ricky, thanks so much for the link! I have always wondered who was playing on the TruCountry intro music to the show, and now I know.
GREAT STUFF!
Thx again,
Pat