The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Slim Roberts
Bob Shelton

Spring Branch, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 25 Dec 2016 8:47 am    

Slim was a well-known Texas fiddler and vocalist, last playing for his Texas Weather band with his daughter Deborah Kay and sons-in-law Buddy Braun and Larry Patton. He passed away on December 8 in San Antonio. With 65 years of performances under his belt, Slim was full of colorful stories, and he was especially partial to steel players.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sanantonio/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=183204343

Sonny Jenkins

Texas Masonic Retirement Center,,,Arlington Tx
Post  Posted 27 Dec 2016 7:08 am    

Sorry to hear that bad bit of news Bob. I wonder if Slim was in any way related to Jason Roberts, fiddle player for Asleep at the Wheel?

Tommy Detamore

Floresville, Texas
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2016 7:01 pm    

Slim was a great guy, fun to play with and fun to be around. We were from the same area in Virginia and we loved to talk about our old neck of the woods. Nashville's A-Team guitarist Ray Edenton was from Slim's home town of Mineral and he and Slim were lifelong friends.

Love you Slim. RIP...

www.cherryridgestudio.com
www.steelguitartracksonline.com

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2017 6:13 am    

Sad that I missed this... when I joined Bush in 1992, Slim was fronting the band and was my roommate on our road trips. Always had great stories to tell. Fiddle on, big guy!

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?

Skeeter Stultz

LOMITA, California, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2017 8:56 pm    

When I was stationed at Brooks AFB in 1964 Slim was riding with me down south of San Antonio and he was talking about never finishing anything he started to do. Told me about being in the AF for 12 years and the squadron number at Lacklin and something popped in my head. I said "Blood is fluid tissue". He looked over at me and said that he didn't think he made an impression on anybody. In 1964 he was Slim Roberts, but in 1961 he was TSgt Roberts. One of my basic training instructors.