The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Ca.Great visit with Jim Palencar & Dwight Yoakam' Steeler.
LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 7 Dec 2016 6:00 am    

Like Music City News, he (Jim)& I feel lucky To live in a world of music people. I always go visit Jim in his area just to put a string of new words on him.Jim, now let that head heal an watch your slips. A super person he is and I support his business. Amen. Uncle Leo J Eiffert Jr. PS: Don't forget to vote for me as Entertainer Of the year with the ACM 2017! Winking

Gary Hoetker

California, USA
Post  Posted 7 Dec 2016 1:36 pm     LJ you have my vote + a ? for you

Did you know Jay McDonald who played pedal steel with Buck
around 1963 and featured in several of Buck's Capitol Albums ?? If so, is he still living and what's he doing ?? Thanks.

Richard Lester

Constable, New York, USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2016 12:54 pm    

Yup, remember Jay. He played an 11 string steel. I haven't been in contact with him for a long time, not sure if he's still around. He sure did some nice stuff with Buck. One tune he did was Touch Me, love the way he played steel on that one.

Gary Hoetker

California, USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2016 6:28 pm    

Thanks Richard. I couldn't agree more with you about Touch Me. Also love his work in Getting Used To Losing You, Over and Over, Sweethearts in Heaven-Buck and Don Rich version, Saw Mill. among others.

Richard Lester

Constable, New York, USA
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2016 4:22 am     picture

Some of the best tunes they ever did, my opinion,. The last time I talked with Jay, he was looking to buy an 11 string steel and that must have been 8-10 yrs ago. Buck sent me a picture of the band back then and Jay is in the picture, I still have it. I really liked the music back then. Can't believe the c--p they're putting out today and labeling it country, they certainly don't know the meaning of country. Best be with you,
Rich

Gary Hoetker

California, USA
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2016 4:36 pm    

Anytime I try to compare Jay to Mooney on the Forum all I get is a huge sigh of disbelief. The On The Bandstand LP has both Jay and Mooney. Can't beat that. If you do ever talk to Jay again, please tell him he's not forgotten.

Best.