The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  "Your copy of Windows is not Genuine"
winston

Frankfort, Kentucky 40601
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2016 10:56 am    

Ran across a computer today with the "not genuine" today and thought I could help. This computer has win 7 Ultimate. I know there are a lot of bootleg copies of Ultimate but still thought I could do something to make it a legal version. I went to the system properties and normally at the bottom is the genuine badge along with a product number. Usually with that you can call microsoft and get a new activation number. However this machine had nothing past the computer name. I went to the microsoft help and could not find any way to buy a new product number. You cannot buy an activation number without the product number. This computer was bought used and is being used in a business so a new windows install would be a disaster as they will lose everything they have. Any help on how to get a product number would be appreciated. thanks Winston May

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2016 1:11 pm    

Best thing I can tell you is search the many threads on the Windows 7 forum and see if one applies to you.

You may be able to get the product code by running the Belarc Advisor, who will list the product key. There are other programs that will get the product key, too.

www.belarc.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/

winston

Post  Posted 29 Nov 2016 1:32 pm    

Thanks Jack.

Ray Minich

Bradford, Pa. Frozen Tundra
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2016 6:54 am    

AIDAPro

Magic Jelly Bean

Google windows keycode finder....

winston

Post  Posted 17 Dec 2016 2:52 pm    

Hey Jack, Do you think if I buy a new win 7 or win 10 disk that I could upgrade instead of clean install so I can save everything on the computer. It is a business computer with a lot of stuff in it. thanks Winston May

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 18 Dec 2016 3:19 am    

I don't know if you can use the product key or even install over the existing and save everything.

Upgrading to Win 10 may or may not be possible depending on the PC hardware. Not all Win 7 hardware is Win 10 compatible.

Did you post on the Win 7 forum as I suggested. That is the best option, to try and get it sorted out.

Here is one solved thread from the Win 7 "Not Genuine"
http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/234518-windows-not-genuine.html

winston

Post  Posted 18 Dec 2016 7:46 am    

I will check it out Jack, thanks Winston