The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  One Week Seminars
William Kendrick

Bedford Heights, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2016 4:12 pm    

Does anyone out there still have 1 week seminars? I am looking for someone to help hone my skills at (1) backing up a singer (old country) and (2) music theory as it applies to the pedal steel guitar. Looking for someone who can teach me how to fish, not fish for me. I live in NE Ohio.
1979 Emmons D-10 P/P 8X5, Lawrence L-710 Pickups, Li'l Izzy, Telonics Volume Pedal, Goodrich Super Sustain Matchbox, Lexicon MX200 Dual Reverb Effects Processor, Peavey Vegas 400 Amplifier with BW Speaker.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2016 7:06 pm    

If you find someone, let me know. I'd love to have someone do a face to face one. I would even like one on skype one on one.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2016 11:15 pm    

Jim and William (and anyone else trying to make sense of the E9 pedal steel), I believe I can truly help get you where you want to be via Skype lessons. Please see feedback from current and past students in these threads; then email me (no Forum PM's, please, can't attach files a request for the big PDF that explains in detail my curriculum, how to set up for Skype, etc:

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=2468417#2468417

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=283937&highlight=

I personally feel a solid week of personal instruction is way too much, way too quickly, and you aren't likely to absorb all the information very well in that compressed time span. My students see me every two weeks, which works out perfectly for almost all students.