The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  New 2002 Martin HD-28 Standard Dreadnought--SOLD
Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2016 10:01 am    

I have a Martin HD-28 dreadnought guitar for sale.
It was made in 2002 by Martin in their Nazareth, Pennsylvania facility.
It has never been played.
It is in pristine condition, just like it came from Nazareth.
It has been expressed by many guitar players over the years that this is Martin's best sounding guitar.

I finally got some pictures to load if you want to learn the price you'll need to give me a shout.
Thanks! Very Happy
Erv

Last edited by Erv Niehaus on 7 Jan 2017 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2016 8:19 am    

Very Happy

Jerry Warner

Charleston, West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2016 3:58 pm     Hd28

Mr Erv what is the price on your martin HD28, Thanks Jerry.

Jerry Warner

Charleston, West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2016 4:01 pm     Posted wrong place. hit wrong key.

Posted wrong my mistake.

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2016 2:37 pm    

Very Happy

Dana Blodgett

California, USA
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2016 3:08 pm     Hd 28

Regardless of the price which would be about $3,000 or more wholesale...this particular model is just an awesome guitar in everyway. The workmanship,finish,sound,and playability is almost incompareable for an "off the shelf" kind of guitar. My HD28 is slightly older but I will never get rid of it...I've also had a '69 D21, early2000 D15, and 15 yr. old D12-28. Just a great all around guitar good for many styles of music-did I say awesome?!
Good luck with your sale Erv.
'74 ShoBud 6140 3+4, Martins HD28,D-12-28, D-15,'65 Gibson LG-1, '77 Gibson Les Paul special dbl cut p-90's, Les Paul Special p-100's,Les paul Special Hybrid(maple top) hbkr's,'68 Fender Strat reissue, Fender Squire Jazz bass,Epi mandolin,Epi Wilshire '66 reissue, Kamaka Concert uke, 70's Kamaka Soprano Uke, Fender Super amp, Ampeg ba112 bass amp,60's harmony banjo,'00 Gibson SG Supreme

John Booth

Columbus Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2016 3:56 pm    

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2016 10:06 am    

Thanks guys!
Yes, most pickers agree that the HD-28 is the pick of the litter when it comes to Martin guitars. Very Happy

Mark Eaton

Sonoma County in The Great State Of Northern California
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2016 11:02 am     Re: Hd 28

Dana Blodgett wrote:
Regardless of the price which would be about $3,000 or more wholesale...

Just to be clear and to pass on correct information (I'm another Martin guitar geek), these are not $3,000 or more wholesale.

I have a beautiful Martin, the first model from the Custom Shop with the prefix CS (Custom Shop) for a limited run that came out in 2011, the CS-21-11. It's a dread with Adirondack spruce top and Madagascar rosewood back and sides and it sounds better every time I pick it up and play it, still a relative baby.

The current catalog or list price of the HD-28 is $3899. Martin has a policy that Standard Series models cannot be shown on a store's (Martin dealer) website for less than 25% off list (MAP = Minimum Advertised Price) which in this case is $2924. There are a handful of "deep discount" Martin dealers where you can get a Standard Series model for as low as 40% off the catalog/list price, which would be $2339.

Good luck with the sale Erv, it's a beauty. If you are not successful in finding a buyer here I would suggest, if you are not already a member in joining the Unofficial Martin Guitar Forum and placing it in the classifieds there. It should go very quickly.

Dana Blodgett

California, USA
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2016 11:47 am    

Nit pickin' the price-$3059@ Musiciansfriend!plus a set up fee at your local luthier...just sayin I'm not that far off. I paid $2000 out the door with a setup pre 2000 era.
Buying sight unseen, not usually my style!
'74 ShoBud 6140 3+4, Martins HD28,D-12-28, D-15,'65 Gibson LG-1, '77 Gibson Les Paul special dbl cut p-90's, Les Paul Special p-100's,Les paul Special Hybrid(maple top) hbkr's,'68 Fender Strat reissue, Fender Squire Jazz bass,Epi mandolin,Epi Wilshire '66 reissue, Kamaka Concert uke, 70's Kamaka Soprano Uke, Fender Super amp, Ampeg ba112 bass amp,60's harmony banjo,'00 Gibson SG Supreme

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2016 12:02 pm    

Have I mentioned a price? Rolling Eyes

Mark Eaton

Post  Posted 15 Nov 2016 12:05 pm    

I don't want to pollute Erv's thread Dana, but since you insist, give a call to My Favorite Guitars in Florida or Maury's Music in Pennsylvania - and you can do better than 25% off list/catalog - but one would have to call.

You wrote earlier around $3000 or more wholesale, that's a lot different than retail.

Wholesale on a $3899 list Martin guitar is going to be around $2000. And of course it will depend on the volume level of the dealer as to what pricing they receive.

MFG in Florida for example likely gets some of the best wholesale prices, they don't mark them up that much and they sell boatloads of guitars coming out of Nazareth.

And once again good luck on the sale Erv, it's not often one sees a 14 year old guitar that is this pristine.

Dana Blodgett

California, USA
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2016 12:15 pm    

well, stick a feather in your hat! Im not insisting on anything ,all I'm tryin to do is question Your accurate info, according to Musiciansfriend AMS, Music123,Maury's music, Sweetwater etc the price is $3059/case in my mind that is wholesale. but I would beware of places like maury's ,not to mention Taxes and shipping if anyjust speaking on experience. but You can be right, and as always I'm wrong here on the forum as always so please forgive my thoughts I was just trying to help Erv ,not get in a pissing contest,You can be right as much as you want I don't give a Fuck

Mark Eaton

Post  Posted 15 Nov 2016 2:54 pm    

I apologize Erv that this going on in your thread, but I can't let this go by. I was going to make no further comments, but Dana revised and added to his last post and is apparently upset.

All I was doing earlier was correcting information that was being passed on that needed correcting. But I've noticed over the years on internet forums and social media sites that sometimes when someone gets corrected, they seem to take it very personally and occasionally blow a gasket. When I have posted incorrect information in the past, and I'm sure I will do so again before my days are done sitting in front of a computer screen, I try to take it in the sprit when someone points out my error that I accept it and now I have learned something new that day. A lot of the time I just let it pass when I see incorrect information re something where I might have some knowledge (to avoid exchanges like this) and don't comment - probably should have this time, but it's too late now.

Dana, you can say this guitar sells for ballpark $3000 on these different website dealers until the cows come home and it's wholesale to you, but it doesn't change the fact that Musician's Friend, Sweetwater, etc. are retail businesses. Musician's Friend and Music 123 for example are both owned by Guitar Center and their online prices are often going to be the same as if one walked into a Guitar Center store or went to the Guitar Center website.

I'm not a big fan myself of buying higher end acoustic guitars off the internet but sometimes it's a great option. I'll give you a tip: if there is another new Martin guitar in your future, don't just order it off the website without calling and speaking to a salesperson first to see if you can get a better price. You will often be surprised how much better if you make the call. Which bring's me to Maury's Music.

Why would you "beware" of Maury's Music - have you even heard of the company in the past? They, like Martin, are located in Pennsylvania, about a 3.5 hour drive west of the factory. Free shipping on orders over $99 and no sales tax outside of PA. Maury has a tight relationship with Martin and sells their guitars in some big numbers. He also has a lot of custom guitars made that he offers on his website. And he is pretty active on the Martin Forum that I mentioned in an earlier post.

Just as Erv prefers not to publish a price on this guitar in his classified ad, I will not post Maury's price on a new 2016 HD-28 out of respect for him. Along with offering good prices he ships any order of $99 or more for free and does not charge sales tax outside of Pennsylvania.

This doesn't take anything away from what Erv has for sale here on the SGF - a pristine 2002 HD-28 that has been a "case queen" its entire life. This is a pretty rare bird.
If I didn't have too many guitars already I'd jump on this one!

Dana Blodgett

California, USA
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2016 4:07 pm    

I know all about maury's music if you want to know more well just figure it out yourself you seem to know it all...

Mark Eaton

Post  Posted 15 Nov 2016 4:24 pm    

No Dana, there is is an awful lot I don't know, but I do know the difference between retail and wholesale.

Rick Abbott

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2016 5:58 pm     Re: New 2002 Martin HD-28 Standard Dreadnought Acoustic Guit

Erv Niehaus wrote:
I have a Martin HD-28 dreadnought guitar for sale.
It was made in 2002 by Martin in their Nazareth, Pennsylvania facility.
It has never been played.
It is in pristine condition, just like it came from Nazareth.
It has been expressed by many guitar players over the years that this is Martin's best sounding guitar.

I finally got some pictures to load if you want to learn the price you'll need to give me a shout.
Thanks! Very Happy
Erv

I just noticed the play-wear from the first to the fourth fret. Is it "unplayed? It looks like it has been, maybe quite a lot. How are the frets (1-4)?

Sho~Bud D-10 Professional #7962
Remington T-8, Wakarusa 5e3 clone
1953 Stromberg-Carlson AU-35

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2016 9:44 am    

There is absolutely no fret wear.
It's just the picture.

Duncan Hodge

DeLand, FL USA
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2016 3:34 pm    

Hello Erv,
You have the real deal here. My wife plays an HD-28 (hers looks prettier than yours, but maybe that's just because I am looking at her more than the guitar when she is playing it). Anyway, the HD-28 is the best sounding and easiest playing guitar that I have ever heard them make. Me, I'm a maple Guild and myrtlewood Breedlove guy, for acoustics, but... The only other acoustic guitar I would buy is the same guitar that your are selling.
Best of luck on the sale, and have a beautiful evening.
Duncan
BTW Folks, every year they sound better and better

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 17 Nov 2016 9:11 am    

Duncan,
Thanks for the nice posting.
Yes, they do sound better with age.
"The older the violin, the sweeter the music". Very Happy

Duncan Hodge

DeLand, FL USA
Post  Posted 17 Nov 2016 3:23 pm    

Thanks for the kind words, Erv. You have a beautiful evening up there in the Great White North.

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2016 11:04 am    

Duncan,
Take care. Very Happy
Erv

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2016 9:33 am    

Very Happy

Jay Yuskaitis

Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2016 3:00 pm    

For some reason,I've not been able To get a price from the seller. Must be old age or something on my part. New Martins come with a warranty for life time for the original owner. As I recall, only the original purchaser of the guitar is entitled to this warranty. Check Reverb and/or many dealers in new and used guitars and you'll be able to find many, many Martin HD 28's available in all conditions for sale. You gotta' remember, this is not a Pre War "Herringbone", but one of thousands built since 1976. Jay Y.

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2016 3:05 pm    

Are you interested in the guitar or just making conversation.
I have received
no request from you about price but am sending you an email regarding same.
Erv