INSTRUCTION STRINGS ACCESSORIES MUSIC LINKS
 Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com for Steel Guitars, Strings, Instruction, Music and Accessories 
Forum Index
where steel players meet online
The Steel Guitar Forum

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  stainless steel sitar bars - "standard size"
Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post Posted 26 Sep 2016 10:54 am     Reply with quote

Announcing grade 316 stainless steel sitar bars available from vmhillman66@gmail.com. These are a highly polished stainless steel, 7/8" x 3 3/8", with a 5/16" flat ground down one side of the bar. They produce a good sitar effect with the flat side down, and, are sought after by some players for the ease of gripping the bar with the flat side up. Price is $56.95, which includes Priority Shipping to US Zip Codes. For an additional $15.00, I'll include one of our powder coated standard sized bars, your choice of color. Read more about our bars under powder coated bars for sale in the accessories section, and contact me at the above email address with questions, Thanks! Michael

G & L Bass, Fender fretless Jazz Bass, Martin D-18, Taylor 812CE, Gretch White Falcon, 1944 Epiphone Zenith, a killer Luttrell 6 string resophonic, 1932 Model 56 Dobro, Beard Model E, Benoit 8 string, converted to 6 string resophonic, Martin Soprano Uke, Asher Electro Hawaiian with Koa top, 1954 Fender Professional Dual Six, in the hands of a rank ameture, a Recording King Tricone, Peavy Basic 60, Peavey Nashville 112, Fender Bassman, and a Fender Hotrod Deluxe.
Michael J Pfeifer

New York NY 10036
Post Posted 4 Oct 2016 7:31 am     Sitar bar Reply with quote

Great idea,Michael. I'm still using the sitar bar I purchased from Bobbe S. some years ago,but could use a new one. What is the weight?
Also, I'm playing more single notes now,so I need a high quality, small, light bar. Do you make those?
Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post Posted 4 Oct 2016 9:22 am     Thanks, Michael, Reply with quote

Thanks, Michael, good to hear from you-weight on the standard sized stainless steel sitar bar is 8.8 ounces. This is the only size we've produced thus far, we will see how these sell and consider what other sizes and styles we might run, this type of bar is quite labor intensive to produce. Watch for an email from me, Best Regards, Michael
G & L Bass, Fender fretless Jazz Bass, Martin D-18, Taylor 812CE, Gretch White Falcon, 1944 Epiphone Zenith, a killer Luttrell 6 string resophonic, 1932 Model 56 Dobro, Beard Model E, Benoit 8 string, converted to 6 string resophonic, Martin Soprano Uke, Asher Electro Hawaiian with Koa top, 1954 Fender Professional Dual Six, in the hands of a rank ameture, a Recording King Tricone, Peavy Basic 60, Peavey Nashville 112, Fender Bassman, and a Fender Hotrod Deluxe.
Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pennsylvania
Post Posted 28 Oct 2016 2:25 pm     Reply with quote

Mike, got my items today. They are excellent. I'm very excited about them. Thanks for the great service.
, Morrell 8 String Lap Steel, Morrell Dobro, 2 Peavey Nashville 112, Ibanez DD700, Every Lesson Jeff Newman made. 1947 SJ Gibson Guitar, Washburn Special Edition Guitar, 1963 Original Hofner Beattle Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass.
Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post Posted 29 Oct 2016 4:27 am     Thanks, Jim, Reply with quote

Thanks, Jim, appreciate your response, let me know if I can help with anything else- Michael
Stu Schulman

Ulster Park New Yawk
Post Posted 31 Dec 2016 1:45 am     Reply with quote

Early yesterday evening the Fe-mailman brought me two of Michael's bars,and they are really beautiful works of art.Can't wait to check them out today....Thanks Michael Winking

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post Posted 31 Dec 2016 5:53 am     Thanks, Stu, Reply with quote

Thanks, Stu, let me know if you need anything else, Best from Idaho, Michael