The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Thinning the herd...'75 / '76 Emmons D-10 p/p..Close please.
Mike Cass

Post  Posted 6 Oct 2016 11:34 am    

Offering a slick one here. Guitar originally started out as one of very, very few non-pedal(!) D-10's made by Emmons, ser# 2162D. I first saw this maybe 8-9 yrs. ago when I was working for Bobbe @ SGN. Curious, I pulled the warranty info @ the factory and it was originally built in '75 or '76 for a N.C. resident and customer as a n/p D-10. It was mint then and is now. This guitar was then re-sold by Seymour, and later converted to pedals, perhaps by Tommy Cassella (just a guess there; polished/plated Emmons factory after-market shafts & cranks, 5 new Emmons knee kits w/short black handles)and I acquired it earlier this year. I de-rodded it and set it up for me, added E9 stacked LKL and C6 LKL & LKR. It came to me with non-correct old wide pedals in the close spacing....I provided a N.O.S. pedal rack and N.O.S. slim, cast pedals to restore it to period correct, so...not an original Emmons "pedal" guitar, but much better than your average "parts guitar".. That's all of the bad news.

Good news is that the pedal stop bar, changer cut-out faces in the body and virtually ALL parts including the 2 N.O.S. Emmons p/p changers which I used to replace what was in there(thanks Chris)when it came to me show virtually NO wear. Took this'n out w/ The Cherokee Cowboys in April and it rings like a bell, so questioning my sanity as I type this....however, not playing here, its collecting dust, overall a waste of a mighty fine horn.

Gloss rosewood mica, black flock, cut-back body, orig. single coil 18.5 Emmons factory p/u's, 8x7 std. Emmons knee and pedal setup plus RKL raises 1&2 and lowers 6 on E9, while RKR lowers 2&9 w/my new all-pull/push-pull combo 1/2 tone feel for the 2 lower, works slick. Can convert the stacked E9 LKL to a vert if needed. Case is new/like new Thomas Case w/Sharp legbag and Emmons volume pedal.

$3500.00+shipping cuz it aint an orig. pedal guitar. Lookin' for a better deal? keep a lookin'. Pics below. Thank you.

MC
Everything Emmons....since 1987
615-446-5952

Last edited by Mike Cass on 22 Oct 2016 4:38 pm; edited 8 times in total

Mike Cass

Post  Posted 6 Oct 2016 2:09 pm    

170 hits and no comments....ok.

Wayne Ledbetter

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2016 2:34 pm     😊

I personally think this would be a good steel. I'll be the first to comment. Not sure how the market is but this one looks good.
Sho Bud Super Pro, Fender Twin Reissue, Martin HD-28, Gibson J-45, Gibson RB-250,Stelling Bellflower,Regal Dobro, Takamine and Alvarez Classical, Fender Telecaster, Peavey Studio Pro 112. Mainly played Gospel and some bluegrass.

DG Whitley

Post  Posted 6 Oct 2016 2:53 pm    

Mike, I would buy in a heartbeat if I had the cash. I think it a beautiful instrument, regardless of its past. I know if you worked on it, it's as good as it gets. I would love to have it, always wanted a PP but never had any reserve to buy when one shows up. Good luck on the sale, somebody will get a good one.

I guess I need to save up for a Promat, probably only PP I'll be able to get hold of.

Mike Cass

Post  Posted 6 Oct 2016 3:03 pm    

Thanks guys!

Last edited by Mike Cass on 12 Oct 2016 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Bob Snelgrove

san jose, ca
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2016 3:35 pm    

It ain't original? It's better cuz its Cassisfied!

Smile

bob

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZlAdlrRYj0

http://www.reverbnation.com/bobsnelgrove

1978 Crawford Emmons P/P
1976 Tommy White P/P
1986 Franklin D-10

Rick Baker

Myrtle Beach, SC
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2016 4:30 pm     Emmons

If Mike did it, it's right tight and outta sight. Ain't none better!!
1998 VG Strat (Roland G-5)

Mike Cass

Post  Posted 12 Oct 2016 8:37 am    

.....bump, with a price drop

John Brabant

Calais, VT, USA
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2016 1:56 pm    

Not ORIGINAL....who cares. Better than the original now, done by Mike Cass and being sold at the going price for a guitar that has yet to be renovated and tuned up. Mike, there is a fellow named Larry Hamilton looking for a PP with his Day set up. You may want to reach out to him, his post is at the link:

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=307581

Mike Cass

Post  Posted 22 Oct 2016 4:36 pm    

...pulling this one. Heard it on YT, Cliff Price-Cherokee Cowboys-4/2016- Corsicana, Tx,-Oil Barons Ball.
Dodged a bullet here! Many thx to all who didn't pull the trigger on this"n. Shut 'er down please. MC

Wayne Ledbetter

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2016 7:49 am     Sorry Mr. Cass

I thought this was nice. Right now im not in the market but this is nice. Thanks for showing us nice steel.
Sho Bud Super Pro, Fender Twin Reissue, Martin HD-28, Gibson J-45, Gibson RB-250,Stelling Bellflower,Regal Dobro, Takamine and Alvarez Classical, Fender Telecaster, Peavey Studio Pro 112. Mainly played Gospel and some bluegrass.

Bruce Derr

Lee, New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2016 10:21 am    

Is this the clip?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2VEfR-SfxE

If so, I get it... Pretty danged nice.