The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  My Peavey Session 115
Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 20 Oct 2016 6:55 am    

Bill Ferguson

As some of you may know, I have been working with Peavey Electronics Corp. (engineer John Fields, customer service rep Mike Brown AND Hartley Peavey), off and on, all this year, helping to pin down the right sound for the EQ and Internal Reverb for the new Peavey Session 115 amplifier.
It has been quite painstaking and required several trips to Meridian, MS, with steel guitar in hand, to finalize what, in my opinion, will prove to be one of the best Peavey steel guitar amps ever.

I was not involved in the original design of the onboard effects (which are great) nor the clip on hand controller, which I think needs a modification and have already discussed this with the Peavey Engineers and Mike Brown in customer service.

On my last trip over to Meridian on October 12, while testing out the first production amps, Hartey Peavey presented me with Peavey Session 115 #1.
Wow, I am ever so humbled. That is all I know to say.

So for those of you that have been asking, the new Session 115 was worth the wait. First production run was sold out in pre-orders from dealers. Don’t have a date for the next production run yet. If you have any inclination of purchasing one, you should contact your local Peavey dealer.

Those that know me, know that I support any company or organization that supports the steel guitar and have long supported (and played their products) companies such as Peavey Electronics, George L’s Cables, Goodrich Sound, BJS Bars, Sho Bud, Emmons Guitar Company and Carter Steel Guitars, just to name a few. And recently I began supporting the new kid on the block, the Telonics Company, which also produces a fine line of steel guitar amps.

The bottom line is, support the people that support us with all the great new products that are available to the crazy ones of us that even own a “pedal steel guitar”. Yep, and we are all crazy. Hehe!

I will have the newest Peavey Session 115 and the Telonics “Combo 112” at the DSSG show in Gulfport, MS, the GaSGA show in Conyers, GA and the Southern Steel show in Belvedere, SC during the month of November. So come on out and take a test drive of both.

AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Last edited by Bill Ferguson on 9 Dec 2016 6:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Ron Funk

Ballwin, Missouri
Post  Posted 21 Oct 2016 12:06 pm    

Per last photo:

"Mug Shots' of three gentlemen at MugShots.

Congrats Bill, Mike, and Hartley

Barry Blackwood

Post  Posted 22 Oct 2016 8:51 am    

As opposed to the looks of the 112, it appears Peavey has reverted to the old style logo and aluminum strips for the 115. Wonder what influenced this?

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 22 Oct 2016 9:41 am    

They have been back with the "lightning" logo for some time.
This logo is White.

Popular demand about the aluminum strips and "brand recognition"
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Barry Blackwood

Post  Posted 23 Oct 2016 8:25 am    

Makes sense to me, Bill. Cool

James Stewart Jr

Vero Beach Florida
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2016 5:29 am    

#1 WOW!!! How Nice.

John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2016 11:42 am    

Will Peavey have a booth at the Phoenix or Dallas shows?

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2016 2:19 pm    

Mike Brown is planning a booth in Dallas

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2016 7:06 pm    

guys at Peavey, as busy as they are with the huge market they cover out there, they were always close in touch with small steel guitar community , and thru the years they provided steel players with some amazing products, my thank you goes to all of the hard working people at Peavey...

Gary Sill

Mt. Zion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2016 6:09 pm     John,

I will have a room in Phoenix. Hope to have one of the new Peavey 115's there to play. Should havw a new Mullen steel or two there also and I will have my booth at the Dallas show with new equipment steels and amps there also.

Gary Sill
Sill Music Supply
217-433-7455
A beautiful Laquer Mullen G2, 2 Nashville 112's, Evans 10" R150 Amp,1982 Emmons Push Pull D-10, Hilton Pedals, 12/8 MSA Superslide, Green LDG Sho-Bud-Owned by Lloyd, S-6 Fender 1956 Lap. , Gretsch Country Gentleman, red Gibson 2019, ES 335, Quilter, Gretsch Resonator, Eastman Mandolin

Tony Palmer

St Augustine,FL
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2016 3:35 pm    

I'm a little miffed that Peavey has been regularly promoting this amp for at least six months and now starts delivering them one at a time to a select few. I mean, who does that?!
I need a new amp and decided to purchase this one but guess what? My order has not been filled and I still need a new amp!
Don't promote something just to get cheap thrills from a curious audience unless you can deliver the goods!!

Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2016 8:21 pm    

Tony Palmer wrote:
I'm a little miffed that Peavey has been regularly promoting this amp for at least six months and now starts delivering them one at a time to a select few. I mean, who does that?!
I need a new amp and decided to purchase this one but guess what? My order has not been filled and I still need a new amp!
Don't promote something just to get cheap thrills from a curious audience unless you can deliver the goods!!

Maybe the Peavey 115 is a "boutique" amp. Razz

There are only two options as I see it.
Either I'm right, or there is a sinister conspiracy to conceal the fact that I'm right.

Williams Keyless S-10, BMI S-10, Evans FET-500LV, Fender Steel King, 2 Roland Cube 80XL's,
Sarno FreeLoader, Goodrich Passive Volume Pedals, Vintage ACE Pack-A-Seat

Chris Schlotzhauer

Colleyville, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2016 10:23 pm    

Tony Palmer wrote:

I was waiting for reviews from actual players, but have not seen any....and I need an amp

Lane Gray

Topeka, KS
Post  Posted 30 Nov 2016 10:36 am    

Lee Baucum wrote:
Tony Palmer wrote:

Maybe the Peavey 115 is a "boutique" amp. Razz

Tim Marcus delivers a Milkman in just a few weeks.

Jack Stanton

Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2016 5:54 am    

I am also a little surprised that Peavey hasn't been a little more proactive getting a sample out in front of people. A perfect example is Buck Reid, certainly one of the highest profile players around these days was up ydoing the PSGA show and seminar last month. It was perfect opportunity to get that amp seen by 100 steel players. Why not I give him, or at the very least lend him one? Why no sound clips on the website? Why no YouTube videos of a proper demo by a top player through all the features and sounds? I did see the demos Gary Sill did and some sounded pretty good to me and some not so much, but they were just of one player with one sound riffing for a couple minutes.
I remember when the Nashville 400 came out they actually sent them out to select Peavey dealers. John Swain and I took a 70 mile road trip to check one out in Paramus New Jersey, but I bought it on the spot.
In all fairness I did buy a Quilter without trying it, but there were several YouTube demos and several reviews of the amp by people on the forum that used them in live gigging situations. For now, I'm going to wait it out

David Biggers

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2016 1:37 pm    

Thx

Last edited by David Biggers on 9 Dec 2016 6:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2016 6:05 am    

No offense to Quilter, as they also build a fine amplifier.
However, this thread is about the Peavey Session 115.

I humbly request that if you post on this thread, please keep it "on topic".

Bill

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2016 6:31 am     Session 115/RR models

Jack Stanton, we ran a first run of 10 Sessions and 5 RR models and even though you don't "see" them, they are out there. The promotion of a product has taken a different direction since 1997 when the Session 1000 and Nashville 1000 amps were introduced.

It used to be that we would introduce new steel products at Scotty's and the Texas Steel Jamboree. However, we have new AR guys who will handle that. Keep your eyes open.