The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Time Jumpers in San Luis Obispo
Terry Hickey

Arroyo Grande, California, USA
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2016 5:29 am    

I was fortunate enough to see the Time Jumpers in San Luis Obispo CA last night. Wow was I impressed. What a bunch of talented people. Simply put "The Varsity". Love the swing stuff. Paul Franklin's C6th playing was just so clean. The string separation and tone of his guitar were off the planet. I was amazed at the nice comments of all the people walking out after the show. If you get the chance go see them.

Thank you, Terry Hickey

Last edited by Terry Hickey on 8 Oct 2016 2:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

David Cubbedge

Toledo,Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2016 8:23 am    

They are coming in February to a small restored theater near home, the Ritz in Tiffin, Ohio. I just got their new CD, "Kid Sister" and it is absolutely brilliant! I can barely stand the wait!
Red Emmons D10 fatback #2246D with sweet Hugh Briley split cases, Black Emmons S10 #1466S, '73 Fender "Snakeskin" Twin Reverb, Peavey Nashville 400, Line 6 Pod XT, Fender 400, Fender Stringmaster Double-8, too many guitars, one bass!

Terry Hickey

Post  Posted 6 Oct 2016 6:58 pm    

David, I had the same anticipation waiting to see the Time Jumpers, especially in a smaller venue. I'm a huge fan of Paul Franklin and his playing was state of the art as was all the other players in the band. As my wife said "..it doesn't get any better then this"... the new CD 'Kid Sister' a must have.

Take Care Terry Hickey

Ben Greene

San Antonio, Tx.
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2016 12:11 pm    

Saw them last night in San Antonio. Amazing!!! I was hoping Paul and I would lock eyes and he would transfer his powers to me, but to no avail. But in all seriousness, watching him play was a dream come true and completely changes how I will approach the instrument from now on.

Terry Hickey

Post  Posted 8 Oct 2016 2:28 pm    

Ben, I had the exact same feeling after hearing Paul's playing. Wow, the clean sound... The instrument has endless boundaries. I look forward to hopefully seeing them again.

Take Care Terry

David Wright

Pilot Point ,Tx USA.
Post  Posted 20 Oct 2016 2:02 am    

We open for them 2 weeks ago in New Mexico, I have to say they're the best band ever!!!..Had a Great visit with Paul, we have been friends since we were kids..Don't miss their show !!!!