The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Autumn Leaves - Fours!
John Lacey

Black Diamond, Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 24 May 1999 4:01 pm    

Bob, maybe you can join in the next go-around. Just make sure you use the UBB code for your tab and it should work out ok.
John.

Kenny Dail

Kinston, N.C. R.I.P.
Post  Posted 25 May 1999 5:13 am    

Jerry, your 'repair' job on that file I couldn't access worked great. You, John S., and John L., are to be commended for taking on such a project and making it work. You will never know just how much I/we all have enjoyed the project. For lack of a better way of saying it...THANX...

------------------
kd...and the beat goes on...

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 16 Aug 1999 7:51 am    

John and Jerry:

Just wanted to say 'thank you' for this thread, and the related ones. They are a gas. I printed off the phrases and have been fooling around with them for the past few days, as Autumn Leaves is a tune I love to play. Great ideas; I'm learning a lot!
By the way, I think there may be a few tab errors (or else I'm confused... very possible!)I point these out not to be critical, but just in case someone else out there is struggling along trying to make it come out right.

John: in your bar #27, I believe the Db#11 lies on the 8th fret with pedals 6+7, not on the 9th fret as shown. Resolves beautifully down one fret to Cmaj7

Jerry: in your bar #30, I know that a B7#9 is on the 2nd fret with pedal 8, but the sound file sure sounds to me like you're staying on the 3rd fret, playing more of the C7#9 that you played in the previous measure. Also, the last note in bar 30 sounds to me to be a B on the fourth string at the 2nd fret, rather than a C# at the 4th fret as shown.

And, thanks for teaching me what to do with that full-step lower KL on my 5th string: it's beautiful! I hadn't gotten around to using it yet.

Any time you guys want to kick off another tune, I'll be tuning in. (Please!)

Jerry Gleason

Eugene, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 16 Aug 1999 10:20 am    

Jim, I checked the tab, and you're correct about that last note in bar 30, it is on the 2nd fret instead of the 4th. I think what's fooling your ear on the sound file is the voice leading that I'm using. I'm playing C9 using pedal 8 plus the knee lever lowering the third string, then letting off the knee lever, and going down to the 2nd fret for B7#9, thus maintaining the D note, but changing the chord under it.

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 1999 6:06 am    

Thanks, Jerry; I'll give it another listen. Sounds like a very cool move.

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2016 8:09 am    

Mr. Green