The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Dumb Guitar Center Coupon
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2016 7:26 am    

I wasn't sure where to post this. Move it if its the wrong forum.

I got a coupon (e mail) from Guitar Center of 20% off of total purchase of $49 or more. Sounds good, however, all the exclusions its not really worth much.

Here is the listed Exclusions:

Products from the following manufacturers are excluded: 3213, ADAM Audio, Aguilar, Allen & Heath, Alvarez, Ampeg, Apogee, Apple, Arturia, Ashdown, Avantone, Avid, Blackstar, Bose, BOSS, Crate, Dangerous Music, Dave Smith Instruments, Dean Markley, Earthquaker Devices, Electro-Harmonix, Elysia, Ernie Ball Music Man, EVH, Fender, Fender Custom Shop, Focal, Focusrite, Fostex, Friedman, Fulltone, Fulltone Custom Shop, Gibson, Gibson Custom, Golden Age Project, Heritage Audio, ISP Technologies, Keeley, Kemper, Korg, Kurzweil, Kush Audio, Lag Guitars, Lewitt Audio Microphones, Lindell Audio, Mackie, Manley, Mojave Audio, Moog, MOTU, Native Instruments, Neumann, Nord, Novation, Orange Amplifiers, Radial Engineering, Randall, Reloop, Reverend, Roland, Royer, SE Electronics, Serato, Shure, Slate Digital, Soundbrenner, Squier, Studiologic, Taylor Guitars, Teenage Engineering, Tube-Tech, Vox, Wampler, Warm Audio, Westone, Xotic Effects, Yamaha.

Dave Mudgett

Central Pennsylvania and Gallatin, Tennessee
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2016 11:32 am    

If you really have something you want to buy, I'd call them and see if they'll do it. They may be forced by manufacturer agreements to print they're not giving discounts on certain brands owing to Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) rules. But the sales rep may be able to do it anyway. Might not work, but may be worth a shot - I've done it before to advantage.

Practically any time I've seen the big-box stores do an online promotion like this, there's a link to a page of exclusions like this. Sometimes they've been able to come across anyway.

Larry Carlson

My Computer
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2016 12:16 pm    

In my life Guitar Center itself is an exclusion........ Crying or Very sad
Sometimes it doesn't.
But I keep on trying.