The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  JayDee Maness Induction Western Swing HOF! 9-30 thru 10-2
David Wren

Placerville, California, USA
Post  Posted 29 Sep 2016 7:36 pm    

In Sacramento, CA this Sunday (10-2-2016), steel guitar great JayDee Maness will be inducted into the Western Swing Society's "Hall of Fame"

Here is a link for driving directions:
http://www.westernswingsociety.net/directions.html

...... but there is much more!

The HOF festival goes from Friday morning thru Sunday night!

That's 3 days of western swing bands... coming to Sacramento from all over.. even as far as Seattle and Muskogee, OK. Don Burnham's "Lost Weekend Band" will also be performing! Bands change every hour.... AND there is also a room for just ad hoc jamming!

Best of all, local news has it that JayDee will be at the festival from Friday - Sunday... with his steel... and sitting in with any band that doesn't have a steel player. Wow! A great time to come see someone who plays our instrument so superbly!

Sacramento young steelers.... please don't miss this chance of seeing, and hearing this steel guitar master... and one of the nicest guys I've ever met Smile

The hall will be serving BBQ foods, and a full service bar as well.. and this is a real dancing affair... kinda nice... like the barn dances of old.

I will be performing with my friend's band "Bite The Bullet" at 6:45 on Friday... and 2:30 on Sunday.

There will be many, many other steels guitar players as well... if you are local, come and enjoy a piece of music history.

David Wren

Placerville, California, USA
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2016 9:47 pm    

Just unloading the car now, after 3 full days of great western swing music.

In addition to hearing JayDee sit in with numerous bands, over the 3 day weekend (and trading licks with guitar great Jimmy Baughman!)... I was delighted to see my friend from the Seattle area, Dean Rankin walk in on Friday.. and he stayed and jammed with friends for all 3 days... and a new steel playing friend of mine, Mark Traynor from the San Diego area.... steel guitars every where!

Just a wonderful time... and I think JayDee made some new friends in northern CA too!

Congratulations JayDee on your Western Swing Society's "Hall of Fame" induction!