The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Hofner Archtop Jazz Guitar
Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2016 6:13 pm    

Hofner H1- J5F-R Jazz Guitar

All laminated construction, spruce top with flamed maple back & sides, 17" lower bout, maple neck with 22 fret rosewood fingerboard, no inlays on fingerboard, bound body (top & back), neck & headstock; ebony bridge, tailpiece, pickguard & control knobs; cherry red finish; this model with a floating jazz neck pickup, gold hardware, made in Korea, but the quality is exceptional. I own some other high end archtops including a hand carved one, and this one looks, plays, and sounds as good as any of them. No visible fret wear.

This guitar is in excellent condition, I have owned it several years, and only played it occasionally in my music room. I'm not much of a Jazz player, so I never had it out of the house. It comes with a TKL case, also in excellent condition.

Here is a little history I found on the web:

Full name is the H1-J5F-R This guitar was originally going to be built in China but ended up being built in Korea. By the time the model was rolled out, Hofner realized that it could not be offered in the future with the same specifications at anywhere near the original price point, so the existing stock was sold without being replenished and no attempt was made to heavily promote them. This is a precursor guitar leading to the HCT-J17 and manufacture is now discontinued.

The price is $575, shipping included in the lower 48. I can take Paypal.

MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.

Mack Quinney

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 29 Sep 2016 11:45 am     Red Hofner Guitar

Darvin,
Beautiful guitar. If I were to come pick it up, could you knock off a little on the price? I live up the road from you in Jarrell.

Let me know.

thanks.

Mack

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 29 Sep 2016 1:47 pm    

I sent you a PM Mack.
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 29 Sep 2016 6:02 pm    

Sold, Forum donation sent.