The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  CCMA Steel Guiter Player Of The Year
David Slute

Brooklin, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2016 5:46 am    

Ed "Pee Wee Charles" Ringwald win's his fifth CCMA Steel Player of the year at this weekends CCMA awards show. What a Canadian treasure.

"This is Ed’s fifth win in the Steel Guitar Player of the Year category. As such, he is now entered into the Musician Awards Hall of Honour. The Hall of Honour is reserved for musicians who have been awarded the same CCMA Musician Award five (5) or more times. Upon achieving their fifth award, their name is entered into the Hall in celebration of their great contribution to Canadian country music"

Rich Upright

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2016 4:19 pm    

I saw Gordon Lightfoot in concert back in the mid 70s at Lincoln Center; wonder if he was the steeler on that gig?

Jeff Garden

Center Sandwich, New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2016 5:03 pm    

Congratulations and well deserved, Ed!

Check out Ed's steel with The Western Swing Authority: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWVu7GkQROs&list=PLNS9GmSGK4Ts5qScD_dY7J-4r4oNoSBTl

Peewee Charles

Waterloo,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2016 5:21 am     Thanks Guys

It has been a very special few days in my life...Playing the CCMA Legends Show with WSA Friday www.thewesternswingauthority.com and backing so many incredible Artists, Past and Present..performing at the Gala Awards/dinner last night and in the All Star Band, performing an original instrumental I wrote for my Gand Girls with some amazing players & to top it all off, winning "Steel Guitar Player Award"...what an honour ....This is the 5th, so I will be retired in to the Hall of Honour with some amazing players.... I need to recognise the other great players and friends that were nominated for Steel Player, they are great players and wonderful Human beings.. Doug Johnson Smokey Fennell John Ellis Mitch Jay & To my WSA family, you are a Inspiration and love you all....all the artists, producers, engineers and the wonderful musicians I have had the opportunity of playing music live and in the studio...luv ya all so, keep making great music....and to my wife, Kathy Ringwald...thanks for being by my side and best friend for 40 years of marriage and my beautiful family...... luv ya all so much....this was a very special moment in my life, I will cherish forever.........luv ya all Ed PS Check out instrumental I wrote for my Grand Girls, Bapadoodle,...on the player on the WSA site... www.ccma.org

STEEL GUITER PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Ed "Pee Wee Charles" Ringwald*

*This is Ed’s fifth win in the Steel Guitar Player of the Year category. As such, he is now entered into the Musician Awards Hall of Honour. The Hall of Honour is reserved for musicians who have been awarded the same CCMA Musician Award five (5) or more times. Upon achieving their fifth award, their name is entered into the Hall in celebration of their great contribution to Canadian country music.....congrats to all........

Last edited by Peewee Charles on 13 Sep 2016 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Peewee Charles

Waterloo,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2016 5:25 am     Thanks

Thanks Rich,David, Jeff and so many more emails and messages for the nice comments...its been a great ride...luv ya all. Ed

David Cubbedge

Toledo,Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2016 8:24 am    

Congrats! Love the Western Swing Authority and Bapadoodle! Here's to continued success, well deserved!
Red Emmons D10 fatback #2246D with sweet Hugh Briley split cases, Black Emmons S10 #1466S, '73 Fender "Snakeskin" Twin Reverb, Peavey Nashville 400, Line 6 Pod XT, Fender 400, Fender Stringmaster Double-8, too many guitars, one bass!

Ken Pippus

Langford, BC, Canada
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2016 11:50 am    

Is this the category they wanted to abolish last year?

Peewee Charles

Waterloo,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2016 12:14 pm     Thanks Guys

It sure is Ken...I fought hard for all of us to get it back...You don't preserve or encourage your musical Heritage by marginalizing the musical elements that helped define it in the first place! The Steel guitar deserves to be recognized for its importance in defining the sound of Country Music....It has been one of the most recognized sounds from the beginning...Got it back after a lot of talk with the CCMA President and the board....They listened and am very thankful...

Lee Warren

Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2016 2:04 pm    

Congratulations on a well deserved win, and on helping to keep pedal steel part of the CCMA awards!
I hope we get to cross paths again soon ... it's been too long, my friend.
Best wishes,
Lee

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2016 6:54 pm    

Hey Ed,

Hearty congratulations on this well-deserved honour. I've long admired your playing. So happy for you, my friend.

Jim

Peewee Charles

Waterloo,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2016 5:58 am     Thanks so much..

Hey Lee, Nice to hear from you...it was a great CCMA...Swing band backed all the artists on the Legends Show....Michelle was on the show and did Take It Like A Man...and a collaboration with Jessica Mitchell, Four Strong Winds...was beautiful...Also played with the Gala Band on the Awards Sat....Michelle Wright was on show again....and topped all off with All Star feature and did instrumental I wrote...band of All Star players knocked it out of the park...a great weekend...Hope all is well...luv ya man...Ed

Thanks Jim for the nice comment....you are an amazing player and admire you a lot...all the best. Ed

Peewee Charles

Waterloo,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2016 5:56 am     Few pics from CCMA

[/img]

Jim Robbins

Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2016 10:21 am    

Congratulations, Ed, on your well-deserved entry into the Hall of Honour.

Steve Hinson

Hendersonville Tn USA
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2016 11:28 am    

Way to go PW!Well done,Sir!

I've been a fan of yours forever!

SH

Peewee Charles

Waterloo,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2016 6:35 am     Thanks

Appreciate the kind words Jim...and Steve, nice to hear from you...coming from an amazing player, that means a lot....