The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Bmi
Russell Adkins

Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2016 5:47 pm    

i recently aquired a D 10 BMI 4 pedaals and three knees , the guitar looks in very nice condition walnut burl mica and lots on polished aluminum , a very pretty guitar imho. The pedals work both necks .......i talked to BMI and they said they only made 10 of these guitars in the 80 s and parts are available if for any reason i would want to change anything or add to it . Has anyone ever had any experience with this guitar? or BMI in anyway? I didnt know they still made guitar but they do . I think it plays better to me than my super pro did and sounds better , any comments are welcome. this might be a keeper for me .

Justin Emmert

Greensboro, NC
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2016 6:22 pm    

I bought a used 12 string BMI last year that came with Zane Becks copedent. I sent it to BMI to go through and change over to the copedent Eddie Long is using, which is basically a universal copedent with a couple of differences. They were good yo work with and communication/response was great. The guitar is awesome. I know another guy that just got a new BMI from them and he's very happy. So, I would endorse them.

Wesley Medlen

LaCygne,Ks
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2016 6:25 pm    

I started off with an S10 69-70 vintage. Don added 3rd & 4th knee levers. I did have 2 SD10's sold one. I have had Don Dan and every one at BMI to be very cortious and helpful. And they do have parts you should need. In my opinion they are very good guitars and very easy to set any way you want. Wes

Justin Emmert

Greensboro, NC
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2016 6:28 pm    

Oh, and I played it out for the first time last night too. She did well!!

[/img]

Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2016 8:30 pm    

A few years ago, Don built me an S-10, with 3 pedals and 5 knee-levers. It is a very nice guitar. Easy to work on and adjust. It sounds great, too.

There are only two options as I see it.
Either I'm right, or there is a sinister conspiracy to conceal the fact that I'm right.

Williams Keyless S-10, BMI S-10, Evans FET-500LV, Fender Steel King, 2 Roland Cube 80XL's,
Sarno FreeLoader, Goodrich Passive Volume Pedals, Vintage ACE Pack-A-Seat

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2016 5:53 am    

great guitars made by some great guys...can't go wrong with BMI..and they are still in the business, you can get any part you may possibly need...

Lyle Dent

Little Rock ,Arkansas
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2016 4:58 pm    

Don and Dan are first class guys to deal with. BMI steels have been around a long time for a reason! Look at Austin Tripp's keyless BMI for some of Don's great work! Hint, the blond ones are the best!

Austin Tripp

Nashville TN
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2016 2:21 pm    

I'm an endorsed artist with BMI and Don is as fine of a gentleman as he is builder. We're really a family company and that's why I'm honored to share the stage with my BMI every night. Russell, you have a keeper my friend. And if it gives you any sort of problems or you want to change anything, Don will be glad to assist. Take care!

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2016 2:28 pm    

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnkN6cF5OOc&feature=youtu.be

Russell Adkins

Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2016 8:12 pm    

Austin you got that right , its a Keeper for sure.

Lee Dassow

Jefferson, Georgia USA
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2016 12:54 pm    

Don is the best to deal with. I'll attest to that.
I bought a lot of parts from him. He always had time to explain things to me in the beginning when I didn't know what the h/// I was doing. Sometimes several times. Great builder. Tenn.Lee
2015 Mullen D-10 Royal Precision 9x8,-1990 BMI S-10 5x5-1972 Silver face Fender pro Reverb amp,-1965 Fender Super Reverb Amp,- 1966 Fender Showman Amp Two 15" JBL speakers,- 2006 65 Fender Twin Reverb reissue Amp,- 1982 Peavey Session 500 amp,-1978 Peavey Session 400,Goodrich Volume Pedals,John Pearse Steel Bars,

Josh Rossow

Mchenry, Illinois
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2016 4:08 pm    

Hi Russell, congrats on getting the BMI, its definatly a keeper. Love the the feel of the action on these guitars and the tone. They made one for me in 2011 and it's a solid work horse, couldn't be happier with it. Good guys over there at BMI.