The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Justin Trevino Illinois Tour - Sept 4 and 5 - Labor Day Wknd
Dennis Stroughmatt

Albion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2016 6:49 pm    

Texas honkytonker Justin Trevino is coming to both southern Illinois and central IL this weekend. I'm honored that I get to open both shows and fiddle behind Justin as well. Here's the gig info:

Sunday Sept 4 @ Fast Lanes in Hoopeston, IL (15 minutes from Danville) 5pm. $20 admission. Band includes Terry Buhrmester on bass/guitar, Darrel Cummings on guitar/steel guitar, and Doug Rigsby on drums. Call 217-283-6505 for reservations.

Monday Sept 5 @ Pheasant Hollow Winery. 2pm. In the Rend Lake area, Exit 77 on I-57, 15 miles south of Mt. Vernon, IL and 90 minutes from St. Louis, MO. $10 admission. The backing band will be Swing N Country including Dow Smith on guitar, Cord Fitch on steel guitar, Bill Toler on bass, and Jeff Stoffel on drums. Call 618-629-2302 for info.

These are exciting events for those who love real traditional Texas dance hall music in Illinois. Justin doesn't often come to this part of the country so it's very special. Pass it on to your friends or come out yourself if your in the IL-KY-MO-IN area.

My 1937 Oscar Meinel Violin, a 1925 Strad Roth Violin, a 1926 Amati Roth Violin (just wish I could play it like Tommy Jackson), 2018 Milkman Steel Mini, 2023 Milkman Pedal Steel 85, a Fender 800 5x4, and a 6x2 long scale Fender 400.

Dennis Stroughmatt

Albion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2016 10:56 am    

Come on out for some real country music!
My 1937 Oscar Meinel Violin, a 1925 Strad Roth Violin, a 1926 Amati Roth Violin (just wish I could play it like Tommy Jackson), 2018 Milkman Steel Mini, 2023 Milkman Pedal Steel 85, a Fender 800 5x4, and a 6x2 long scale Fender 400.

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2016 9:45 am    

Dennis,

I looked at your website. Enjoyed the videos. Hey, that guy with the white beard ain't a bad fiddler either...... he's one of my favorite harmony guys. Enjoy your gigs with Justin and tell him to try and keep it country. LOL Hello to Justin!

RC

Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2016 4:02 pm    

Dennis, my advise is to keep listening to those Tommy Jackson records.

Dennis Stroughmatt

Albion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2016 9:59 pm    

Thanks Keith, that's some pretty good advice!!! And Rick, thanks for the kind words. I was just with "the guy with the white beard" a few days ago. He tears it up every time. I'll definitely say hello to Justin for you.

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2016 6:00 am    

[quote="Dennis Stroughmatt"]Thanks Keith, that's some pretty good advice!!! And Rick, thanks for the kind words. I was just with "the guy with the white beard" a few days ago. He tears it up every time. I'll definitely say hello to Justin for you

This will be some good gigs and Justin is lucky to have a player of your caliber to do the shows. Lots of good players around, but not very many that know traditional country like you do. I wish there were more country bands where I live that were interested in doing "fiddle friendly" music. I wish I was closer, I'd come up there for sure. I used to work with some coal mines in the Rend Lake area.

Steel players, you should go see these shows. I'm not familar with the steel players, but I'm sure they are great players or Dennis and Justin wouldn't have them. The thing is, with Justin's show, you'll get to hear them play real country and they will be featured.

RC