The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Unique Lap steel
Thiel Hatt

Utah, USA
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2016 11:57 pm    

I had seen something similar to this and decided to make one. It is a 10 string tuning with the strings in pairs, tuned in octaves . I have an E13th tuning on it. From top to bottom the tuning is F#-D#-G#-E-C#-B-G#-E-D-B. It is made from Hard maple. The pickup is a George L E66. It has a nice hard shell case. This instrument would not, in my estimation, be a main stay guitar, but rather a novelty instrument for specific songs or as something with a different but pleasing characteristic . I showed it to Bobbe Seymour when he had his shop in Goodletsville and Robbie Turner and Lynn Owsley were there. Robbie played it and commented very favorably on it as did Bobbe. Now after all these years I have considered putting it up for sale. The suggested price is $ 875.00. Shipping =negotiable

Thiel Hatt

Utah, USA
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2016 8:15 pm    

What if the price was lowered by $ 200.00 ?

John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 24 Aug 2016 4:24 pm    

All I can say is Wow!!

Nate Hofer

Overland Park, Kansas
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2016 7:12 am    

I'd love to hear that

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2016 9:03 am    

I would say you are crazy to go that low on the price. It looks real good and I bet it sounds great. I love my Dyna Lap Lap Steel. It is a 8 String tuned C-6 and it has two controls to make it sharper and the other is for sustain.I Love this Lap steel as it is all I have for now as I will get back into a Pedal Steel around the first of the year if every thing goes the way we have planned.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association