The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  8/28 - SF Bay Area Non-Pedal Steel Guitar Summit 2.0
Larry Chung

San Francisco, CA, USA
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2016 10:27 pm    

Attention, Bay Area Steel Guitar Players - I'm pleased to announce that a 2nd Non-Pedal Steel Guitar Summit is in the works for the end of this month. My band, the B Stars, is opening on August 27th for the Lucky Stars featuring the steel guitar artistry of Jeremy Wakefield and the 6-string (and steel) artistry of Rusty Blake. Two of the finest contemporary steel players here on the West Coast. Both Jeremy and Rusty are excited about this next iteration of the Steel Guitar Summit happening at Gryphon Strings early in the afternoon (noon to 4pm) of Sunday, August 28th, in Palo Alto, CA. Once again, you'll all have the opportunity to play some cool vintage and new lap and console steel guitars and meet your fellow Bay Area players as well as Jeremy and Rusty; we'd love to see you there. Please let me know via message or reply here if you're interested in attending. We had such a great gathering with Bobby Black back in May. We're hoping you can all make it again! Please share this with everyone you know who may be interested. (:

More details here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1837920436441898/

Last edited by Larry Chung on 25 Aug 2016 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Larry Chung

San Francisco, CA, USA
Post  Posted 14 Aug 2016 7:26 am    

Just bumping this up to the top of the index. Going to be a fun afternoon of non-pedal steel guitars and players. Please RSVP if you'd like to attend so we can get a head count.

Thanks!
LC

Dave Zirbel

Sebastopol, CA USA
Post  Posted 14 Aug 2016 7:27 am    

Dang! Gigging again... Sad

Larry Chung

San Francisco, CA, USA
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2016 11:13 am     This Sunday!

Just a bump up reminder about the Bay Area Non-Pedal Steel Summit 2.0.

12-4pm this Sunday at Gryphon Strings in Palo Alto, CA. Special guests Jeremy Wakefield and Rusty Blake. Plus a whole SACK of lap and console steels. There will be a Q/A with Jeremy and Rusty, and I'll be teaching a beginner class, too, for those of you who are just getting started.

Please RSVP to me here or message, please also tell anyone you know who might be interested. A great chance to meet your fellow Bay Area steelers.

Details here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1837920436441898/

LC

PS - for those of you who are interested in the Quilter amps, I know that Gryphon has at least a couple of the guitar amps to try out.

Larry Chung

San Francisco, CA, USA
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2016 2:25 pm    

It was a great event (Bay Area Steel Summit 2.0) and you can find a couple of videos of Jeremy, Rusty and Pete Grant along with some nice photos compliments of Alan Brooks on the Steel Guitarists of Northern California Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/Steel-Guitarists-of-Northern-California-602455939907931/