The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  pedal and lever changes
Mac Knowles

Almonte,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2016 9:20 am    

Hi folks,
I expect to get some comments on what Ive done...but here goes anyway! I guess it's because I'll be 80 in a few months and perhaps that's the reason why my ankles don't seem to work as well as they used to. Anyway I decided to try this out...
I put the A pedal (raise 5&10) on my LKL and the B pedal (raise 3&6) on the first (A) pedal position. The original B pedal is now the C pedal. I left the LKR (Eb) same as it was. I put the "F" pedal on my RKL. Still got two pedals (C&D) that I haven't done anything with yet. The RKR is still lowering the second string. So far I love this...the LKL and the new A pedal, no more sharp or flat notes when rolling on or off the original A&B changes.
What think y'all
Cheers, Mac

Tim Russell

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2016 9:46 am    

I think if it works for you set up like that, that's great! I suppose we all can get used to having the changes set up at different locations if we need to. And, you may even "accidentally" discover some new licks by going with those changes.

Smile

Mac Knowles

Almonte,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2016 10:05 am     pedal and lever changes

Yeah Tim, I know this is kinda' dumb, but I always had to have the "right" shoes to play accurately, but now it doesn't matter at all...even bare feet work fine!

Lane Gray

Topeka, KS
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2016 10:45 am    

With the A pedal on LKL and the E lowers on LKR, turning the B7 to B9 (at the nut), such as either Crazy Arms or Way to Survive, will be difficult.

Mac Knowles

Almonte,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2016 1:14 pm     pedal and lever changes

You're right Lane......may have to figure something different, maybe the E lowers on RKL??