The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New to Forum/Nashville
Casey Saulpaugh

Asheville, NC
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2016 9:04 am    

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post on the forum! I want to say thanks to all of you for sharing your steel knowledge, passion, and time. I have been browsing on here for years, and your contributions have undoubtedly made me a better steel player, a better musician, and a better human being.

I have been playing pedal steel for about six years now. I am completely self-taught besides instructional books, videos, and the Steel Guitar Forum (I've spent countless hours browsing for information here). All of you are my heroes because you share a passion for steel guitar. Very Happy

I just moved to Nashville a couple weeks ago, from Asheville, North Carolina, to pursue as much pedal steel playing as possible. I eat, drink, and sleep pedal steel (ask anyone that knows me - it probably drives them crazy!). Anyways, I am interested in session work, shows, and tours. If any steel players in the area, or steel fanatics, ever want to get together let me know!

Here's a link to some of my samples that I recorded from home last week...
http://playpedalsteel.com/steel-tracks

Let me know what you think! All the samples were improvised. I appreciate any constructive criticism, and enjoy reading your comments (most of them anyways! Laughing ). Thanks again to the Forum, and I'm glad to be on here with ya'll!

Sincerely,

Casey James Saulpaugh

Wayne Quinn

Cape Breton.NovaScotia
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2016 3:36 pm     Hey Casey

Hey Casey .welcome to the Forum .it is a great place here.lots of info here and great people . I just went to your site really cool stuff there man nice pickin I book marked it for future reference. Very Happy

Johan Forsman

Sweden
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2016 1:10 am    

Hi Casey, nice website, great sounds! Some good info on there. I have bookmarked it too.

Welcome!

Casey Saulpaugh

Asheville, NC
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2016 9:19 am     Thanks

Thanks Wayne and Johan! I really appreciate you checking out the samples and website.

I'm glad you bookmarked the site Smile I'm going to be adding more content daily, so stay tuned. I hope it can help steel guitarists, and getting more people interested in playing.

Charlie McDonald

out of the blue
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2016 11:05 am    

Great post; love to see new members with fresh questions and ideas. New energies. Kind of like a wave.
Welcome, Casey.

Todd Goad

Gray, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2016 12:04 pm    

Casey, I appreciate your site. I enjoyed the samples and all of the information you have freely given to help others along with this great instrument.

Casey Saulpaugh

Asheville, NC
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2016 10:23 am     Lloyd Green tone

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Speaking of fresh ideas and new energies: I am going to be adding player profiles to the site. Each profile will include a tonal personality: kind of a descriptive take on the player's tone and soul (emotional aspects of playing).

I believe there's a lot of musical content in the world that discusses facts/theories: but not enough involving the emotional or soulful aspects of playing instruments and music. After all, most people listen to music for its emotional elements. They listen with their hearts. Especially non-musicians.

These tonal personalities are for better understanding what makes these player's notes hit your soul. You know, the notes and sounds that make you get goosebumps while you're listening. Mr. Green

Here's one about Lloyd Green Alien
http://playpedalsteel.com/lloyd-green-tonal-personality/

These are a work in progress, but I will be adding more details, players, and tonal ideas soon. Let me know what you think!

Casey