The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  As-New ShowPro D-10 9x9 - Gorgeous
Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 31 May 2016 9:20 am    

ShowPro #28 is again available. It was played minimally and then Jeff Surratt went through it, updated parts, and dropped in brand new ToneAligner pickups.

This guitar looks, plays, and sounds magnificent. If you look hard, there are a couple of tiny scratches on the top of the pedal bar that were too small to be able to photograph. There are also a few screw holes on the underside where Jeff moved parts to accommodate my tuning. (I'm guessing you won't be spending too much time staring at the underside of this guitar, though so I suspect that's either a non-issue or mighty close to it...) Otherwise, this guitar is as-new at quite a savings over what it would cost to have one built for you.

9x9 with split cases. It is approximately one inch under standard height so a simple lift kit should bring it back to or above regular height if that's something you'd want to do. Unless you're especially tall, though, my guess is that you'll actually find it easier to play at the current height.

The floor pedals are standard Emmons with the Franklin pedal on pedal 4. Pedal 9 also raises the D to D# in addition to the standard C 6th changes on strings 7, 9, and 10.

E9th knees are:

Es -> F on LKL 1
Bs -> Bb on LKL 2
G# -> B and D -> E on LKV
F#s -> G/G# and Eb to E on LKR
Es -> Eb on RKL
Eb -> C/C# and D -> C on RKR

C6th knees are:

Cs -> C# on LKL
As -> Ab on LKV
High C -> C#, high E -> Eb, low E -> F & low C -> Eb on LKR
C -> B on RKL
Bs -> Bb on RKR

No trades on this one, I'm afraid. The sale is because of needing the cash more than the guitar at the moment. I'll have another of Jeff's guitars again first chance I get. I can't say enough good things about them.

$4500 + shipping.

Glad to answer any questions you might have and send any additional photos you would find helpful.

Thanks!

billy tam

baton rouge, louisiana
Post  Posted 4 Jun 2016 6:09 am     sho-pro

Chris, That is one beautiful guitar and a great price. If I didn't have so many irons in the fire right now, well enough said. If you have never dealt with Chris he is a really good guy and has great gear. Good luck on your sale. Let me know if you get back in my area you owe me lunch. Laughing Laughing
Billy

Jody Cameron

Angleton, TX,, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jun 2016 8:22 am    

Beautiful guitar Chris!

Dale Rottacker

Walla Walla Washington, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jun 2016 8:06 pm    

I am crying great big tears right now... Beautiful guitar!!!
*1977 Blue Sho-Bud Pro 3 Custom 8x6
https://msapedalsteels.com
http://rittenberrysteelguitars.com
https://www.telonics.com/index.php
https://www.p2pamps.com
https://www.quilterlabs.com

Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2016 10:19 am    

Billy - Thanks on all counts. Now, get some of those irons out of the fire and buy this guitar! Smile (I'm actually hoping to get my current band booked down your way sometime soon. I'd love to pick your brain on possible venues. Be great to get back together and, among others things, pick up that next lunch. Let's make it happen!)

Jody - Thanks. This really is a great guitar - just one of those awkward cases of being the right guitar at the wrong time. Like I mentioned, I have no doubt that I'll end up with another of Jeff's guitars at some point. Great guitars that all seem to look stunning.

Dale - No need to cry - just buy the guitar! Wink

Atom Schmitt

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2016 11:31 am    

Have mercy.

Mark Eaton

Sonoma County in The Great State Of Northern California
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2016 11:40 am    

Chris, as I watch you put items up for sale from time to time - clicking on some of your threads - it's a little like walking into a really cool wine cellar, you turn the corner, randomly pick up a bottle from a rack and it turns out to be a 1982 Chateau Lafite. Wink

Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2016 7:15 pm    

Come, come, Mr. Schmitt. Isn't it time you added this to your arsenal? Now that you're set with a fly guitar, you can build up your stock of 'round town and bus bay guitars... Smile (And once you're here, I have an amp for you to consider as a matched set...)

Mark - I'm not a wine guy but I have a strong hunch that's a positive comment. (And, assuming I'm right about that, thanks! Smile )

Atom Schmitt

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2016 10:21 pm    

Chris Bauer wrote:
Come, come, Mr. Schmitt. Isn't it time you added this to your arsenal? Now that you're set with a fly guitar, you can build up your stock of 'round town and bus bay guitars... Smile (And once you're here, I have an amp for you to consider as a matched set...)

Mark - I'm not a wine guy but I have a strong hunch that's a positive comment. (And, assuming I'm right about that, thanks! Smile )

It might be worth considering if I didn't already have a Professional with the same color scheme Smile In fact, as this is a bus weekend I think I'm going to take that one out with me.

Plus, Jeff is redoing my Pro I now too, so I can tell myself I almost have a Show-Pro.

But, if neither of those things were the case, and if I had a ton of money I didn't feel like keeping, you know I'd be all over this one.

Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2016 5:38 am    

Noted on all counts, Adam. Wink (Oh well, I tried... <sigh>)

All kidding aside (for once), I'm guessing that redone Pro I is going to be a great, better-than-new-playing guitar. Nice!

Dale Rottacker

Walla Walla Washington, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2016 9:23 am    

Atom Schmitt wrote:
Chris Bauer wrote:

It might be worth considering if I didn't already have a Professional with the same color scheme Smile In fact, as this is a bus weekend I think I'm going to take that one out with me.

Plus, Jeff is redoing my Pro I now too, so I can tell myself I almost have a Show-Pro.

But, if neither of those things were the case, and if I had a ton of money I didn’t feel like keeping, you know I'd be all over this one.

Atom, I hope we’ll get to see your Pro l when Jeff is done with it... I have a “Potmetal’d” Pro lll in fairly good shape but would love to have Jeff put his magic touch on it... just not sure how much $$ I’m willing to spend on her...

*1977 Blue Sho-Bud Pro 3 Custom 8x6
https://msapedalsteels.com
http://rittenberrysteelguitars.com
https://www.telonics.com/index.php
https://www.p2pamps.com
https://www.quilterlabs.com

Atom Schmitt

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2016 9:34 am    

Dale Rottacker wrote:
Atom, I hope we’ll get to see your Pro l when Jeff is done with it... I have a “Potmetal’d” Pro lll in fairly good shape but would love to have Jeff put his magic touch on it... just not sure how much $$ I’m willing to spend on her...

Dale, I don't generally post all that much here on the forum, but I will say this - the Pro I was my first guitar and I learned how to play on it long before I learned how poorly it was set up. Once I played a few properly set up pro guitars I realized that guitar needed a lot of work. Between that and the pot metal being, well, pot metal - which in my case was in pretty bad shape - I decided it made more sense to get the guitar in playing condition rather than leave it sitting in a closet. As it was my first guitar I have some sentimental attachment to it, not to mention it's a great sounding guitar. Having it join the rest of the pack and even being able to take it out for fly dates makes me pretty unconcerned with how much the repair work costs. That said, Jeff charges very reasonable prices too.

My advice: go for it!

Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2016 9:39 am    

Beautiful guitar, Dale! If you want it updated, Jeff is absolutely your guy. (I know there are others who do terrific work on ShoBuds as well and certainly need to be considered. Knowing Jeff's work first hand makes him an easy recommendation to make, though.)

Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 26 Jun 2016 3:07 pm    

Still available...

dlayne

OH
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2016 12:30 pm     Sho Pro

If I could sell my 2009 Black LL3 9&9 with Anti Detuners on both necks & comps on return lowers ((just in case anyone was wondering)) I would buy this guitar in a heart beat. I was @ Jeffs shop a couple years ago and got to play one these & haven't forgotten it since.

Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2016 12:42 pm    

Dan - Hurry up and sell that Emmons! I'll be playing in Lexington in mid-August and you can pick the ShowPro up there! Smile (Or, you could pick it up in Columbus as well.)

Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2016 1:49 pm    

Still available.

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2016 1:54 pm    

That is so beautiful.

Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2016 7:16 am    

I think so too, Jim! (I'm actually a bit stunned that this guitar hasn't sold yet. Between the looks and the sound, this is a mighty tough guitar to beat.)

Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2016 5:39 am    

Still available. Happy to hear reasonable offers.

Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2016 12:10 pm    

If you are willing to pick them up in Nashville, I will sell this guitar and the Milkman Sideman amp I have for sale at a package price of $500 off what I'm selling them for individually.

It's a screaming deal on a guitar and amp rig that can last you a lifetime.

You can see the amp at: http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=292411&highlight=.

Daymon LaPoint

Jasper, Texas
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2016 12:24 pm    

Chris Chris Chris!! You're gonna make me do something I know will hurt.
I was going to ask you about "package deal" when you posted the guitar.

side bar in your pm's here shortly/

'66 Emmons Bolt-On, Sho-Bud LDG, Sho-Bud Fingertip, Rus-Ler D-10, '70 Emmons, P2P Bad Dawg, Fender '59 Bassman,'59 Fender Twin "Bonamassa", Fender Twin Reverb and Rick Johnson Cabinets. Previous and Proud owner of James Blonde, Brownie, and Rosalee.

Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2016 1:11 pm    

Hi Daymon - Got your PM and replied. Happy to see if we can figure out a way to make this work.

Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2016 3:46 pm    

Sold pending payment.