The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  1st ever Steel Guitar Cruise
Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2016 2:55 am    

Now I know from conversations that many of you love to take cruises.
Come and join us for the first ever “Steel Guitar Cruise”.
It will be a whole new experience and will be SUPER FUN.

We are proud to have the following sponsors help us to make this cruise a success:
Mullen Steel Guitars
George L's Cables (and strings)
Telonics Pro Audio
BJS Bars
Goodrich Sound Co
Peterson Strobe Tuners

AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Last edited by Bill Ferguson on 1 Nov 2016 3:10 pm; edited 2 times in total

Chubby Howard

Franklin, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2016 6:01 am    

Man Bill what a Great Idea, I hope that it sells out and this becomes a Yearly Event!!! I still can't believe that nobody has ever done this before!!! Congrats everybody on this!!! Thanks Again for all you did for all of us Players in St.Louis for all those years. And you my friend are a great player. Your Friend Chubby Howard.

Steel Guitar Hall of Fame in 2015

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2016 6:06 am    

Thank you for the kind words Chubby. Yes, I consider you a personal friend even though we don't get to see each other.
Call me sometime: 770-921-7253 Would love to talk.
Hope you are feeling better.

Yep, Scotty was going to do a cruise show one time, but just could never fund it.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Chubby Howard

Franklin, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2016 6:21 am    

Thanks Bill I sure will. I feel great now, thanks for asking. Chubby Howard

Steel Guitar Hall of Fame in 2015

Mike Mantey

Eastern Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2016 7:02 am     We are excited to be a part of this.

I had made this up. Didn't finish but thought it was fun. We are looking forward to making this a success. We hope that you will all book your spot and enjoy this opportunity with us and many of our great friends.

www.steelguitarcruise.com Let Cruise Folks!!

Buck Reid

Nashville,TN
Post  Posted 25 Apr 2016 5:23 am    

Yes sir Bill this is going to be fun and look forward to seeing you there!

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 26 Apr 2016 3:54 am    

Here I modified Mullen's picture: hehe

Steve Geis

Fayetteville, GA USA
Post  Posted 2 May 2016 3:18 am    

This is all so exciting and is going to be a GREAT venue,...really looking forward to this event.

Brian Ostrom

Old Chelsea Quebec Canada
Post  Posted 2 May 2016 12:01 pm     Interested

Hey Bill
Brain Ostrom , up here in Canada
Was talkingto my band mates and I think theyr all interested . Can you get me details?
Cheers
B.ostrom@sympatico.ca

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 2 May 2016 12:18 pm    

Hey Brian,
All the info is on the website
www.steelguitarcruise.com

Come on down

Brian Ostrom

Old Chelsea Quebec Canada
Post  Posted 2 May 2016 4:46 pm    

Looking into it

Mike Mantey

Eastern Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 4 May 2016 6:32 am    

Nice addition Bill. I hope the amps don't fall over board. Laughing I wonder if guys will blame mistakes on the sea.... I would LOL

David Hubenak

Wallis, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 20 May 2016 4:20 pm    

My wife and I are booked for the cruise. Should be fun, and looking forward to it.

Bill Cunningham

Atlanta, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 20 May 2016 6:28 pm    

Mike Mantey wrote:
Nice addition Bill. I hope the amps don't fall over board. Laughing I wonder if guys will blame mistakes on the sea.... I would LOL

Good idea! I've been thinking of excuses! Very Happy Very Happy

Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 22 May 2016 2:24 pm    

"My steel doesn't have it's sea legs yet". I like it!

Steve Geis

Fayetteville, GA USA
Post  Posted 30 May 2016 3:40 am    

THE ONLY WAY TO BOOK THIS "STEEL GUITAR CRUISE" is with Jacki Hardi at 812-691-4369.

VERY, VERY IMPORTANT REMINDER: This venue will NOT be open to the general public on this cruise; this is not a public venue. You will not see this Steel Guitar venue published on Carnival website because it is a PRIVATE VENUE. And you can not book the "Steel Guitar Cruise" direct with Carnival or any other travel agent.

THE ONLY WAY TO BOOK THE "STEEL GUITAR CRUISE" IS BY CALLING JACKI HARDY AT 812-691-4369.

AND YOU CAN NOT "PAY AT THE DOOR" - there will no option to pay at the door; it must be pre-booked and purchased with Jacki Hardy as above.

To be clear, the general public can book this same cruise, but they will not have access or admission to the "Steel Guitar Cruise" venue. Carnival will have signs up saying "Private Function" and will only admit those individuals with the proper lanyards and entry passes. Registered participants of the "Steel Guitar Cruise" will still have access to ALL public, Carnival functions, shows, etc but the general passengers will be restricted from entry to the "Steel Guitar Cruise" show/venue because it is a PRIVATE FUNCTION.

We are all really, really excited about this steel show. I believe there are still a few more surprise guest announcements yet to come. And available cabins are filling up quickly. We are still about 8 months out, but please keep in mind that cruise ships do not sail empty, and it is not uncommon for people to book cruises 6 months to a year in advance.

Hope this info helps. Sure hope to see everyone on board!!!

Steve Geis

Fayetteville, GA USA
Post  Posted 26 Jun 2016 2:34 pm    

Check out Steel Guitar Cruise on FB,...a new video of my friend Jimmy Hodge playing guitar, fiddle and pedal steel on a little jam thing with his band on Carnival Dream,...it is awesome and fun to watch! WHEN YOU DO, PLEASE "SHARE" THE PAGE, OK ? And trying to get some videos of other players on too!

I also heard that Wendell Gurley has signed up for this cruise as well which will be a BIG PLUS for the show because pedal steel players love to have him sing on their sets: a great singer and all-round great guy! This is gonna be an extra treat!

And FYI, Jacki told me that she has managed to get everyone assigned to the same time for early dinner at 6PM, (there are two dinning times: 6 & 8:30) so our group will all be on the same schedule in the evening, which is great for hanging out and visiting and going to the other shows together etc for those that are interested.

Please be sure to go to the Steel Guitar Cruise facebook page and please "share" the page because there still seems to be some players that haven't been included in the loop yet. Thanks so much; looking forward to this event ![/u]

Tim Herman

Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2016 3:29 pm    

Booked and really looking forward to putting faces to the names I see on the forum all the time. Gonna be fun!

Buck Rodgers

Virginia (Yorktown)
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2016 5:18 am    

My wife and I are registered and really looking forward to this cruise and the opportunity to interact with you "old pros".

John Butler

Warrior River, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2016 5:37 pm    

My wife Judy and I are booked and looking forward to it. Be glad to see all of you there. John

Oldon Burgdorf

Hohenwald,TN, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2016 12:28 pm    

Regretfully we're already booked for a 20 day cruise with Holland America during this time slot Sad ... Maybe next year. Ol' Don

Mullen G2, Peavey Nashville 112 & 1000 and a few gadgets. Only a fellow musician would understand the need for more goodies.

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2016 3:00 am    

OK Buck, just what do you mean by "OLD"

"My wife and I are registered and really looking forward to this cruise and the opportunity to interact with you "old pros".

Steve Geis

Fayetteville, GA USA
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2016 4:46 am    

Yes, this event is really growing and I too am really looking forward to this venue. Aside from the show itself, there will be lots of hanging out with friends on a cruise ship for 4 fun-filled days plus a visit to Cozumel Mexico. Talk to your friends & invite them to sign up at steelguitarcruise.com while there is still availability. Just remember that you CAN NOT book this even directly with Carnival; you must book exclusively with Jacki, whose info is posted on the wed site. Be sure to bring your island-styled shirts and shorts !!!

Buck Rodgers

Virginia (Yorktown)
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2016 9:17 am    

Sorry, Bill. I should have said "Seasoned Pros".

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2016 3:35 pm    

Time to bump this up to the top