The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Lost an App
Sonny Jenkins

Texas Masonic Retirement Center,,,Arlington Tx
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2016 2:21 pm    

Well, my win7 automatically upgraded to win 10,,,I tried that for a few day, didn't like it, went back to win 7. Problem is when it went back it did not take all my apps with it. My digital Kodak camera now gets a script error message when I try to import pic.

I wonder if a system restore to a point before the win 10 upgrade would get it back?

Dave Potter

Texas
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2016 4:06 pm     Re: Lost an App

Sonny Jenkins wrote:
I wonder if a system restore to a point before the win 10 upgrade would get it back?

Another Windows 10 success story. Mad Been there, done that.

I don't know if a restore will do the trick, but you could also just uninstall/reinstall the app. That would probably fix it.

Once things are normalized again, you could consider installing the Gibson's Research "Never10" app on your system, discussed elsewhere here, to prevent unintentional Windows 10 installs in the future. It's working for me, and the price is right - free.

Sonny Jenkins

Texas Masonic Retirement Center,,,Arlington Tx
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2016 6:39 am    

Well after my computer guru neighbor worked on it for an hour to no avail, he was showing me how I could use a card reader, I sat down at my computer, clicked on something and lo and behold,,,the screen (that gave me access to camera) popped up! Quien sabe'? Who knows,,,,the phantom of the computer strikes again,,,,,??