The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  100 Days Left to Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2016 8:44 am    

The Countdown Begins: 100 Days Left to Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free
The free upgrade offer expires on July 29, 2016

If you’re planning to install Windows 10 and benefit from Microsoft’s free upgrade offer, you might want to hurry up because there are only 100 days left until the promo expires.

Microsoft launched Windows 10 on July 29, 2015, and started offering the operating system completely free of charge for those who were already running Windows 7 or 8.1. In order to make the upgrade as smooth as possible, the company is even offering the so-called “Get Windows 10” app that automatically installs on Windows 7 and 8.1 PCs, scans for compatibility issues and downloads the necessary files for the installer

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 6 May 2016 11:13 am    

Jack or Wiz, what's the best way to install Win 10? I think I'm about ready to do it and when I click on the upgrade button it wants to know whether to run the program or save it for download later. My OS is 8.1 w/ explorer and firefox for browers.

I'm pretty challenged in these things, so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Wiz Feinberg

Mid-Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 6 May 2016 12:58 pm    

Jerry Overstreet wrote:
Jack or Wiz, what's the best way to install Win 10? I think I'm about ready to do it and when I click on the upgrade button it wants to know whether to run the program or save it for download later. My OS is 8.1 w/ explorer and firefox for browers.

I'm pretty challenged in these things, so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Just allow the upgrade option to run. It will restart your computer a couple of times. I would close all open programs and save any documents you were working on. Plus, it never hurts to save you important documents and photos/sounds to an external drive.
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 7 May 2016 11:09 am    

Thanks Wiz.