The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New Eddy Dunlap Steel Album, "country Music," Now For Sale!
Eddy Dunlap

Nashville, Tn
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2016 10:13 am    

Just in time for the 2016 Dallas Steel Guitar Jamboree comes the brand new, pedal steel instrumental solo LP entitled, "Country Music." This solo release is the first official solo project from Nashville session steeler and utility player, Eddy Dunlap. The title represents the heart of the album, which is a melodic showcase of the classic, "Nashville Sound," from one of the golden eras of the genre. Special guests include Grand Ole Opry session guitarist Jimmy Capps, Wil Houchens, Mr. Tim Atwood and Country Music Hall of Fame member Hargus Pig Robbins on piano, session guitarist Brent Mason, Time Jumper session ace Joe Spivey on Fiddle, Robby Turner on bass, Mike Harrison on guitar, and the one and only Lloyd Green for a featured duet of Alan Jackson's, "Too Much Of A Good Thing," which Lloyd Green played on back in 2004!

One of Eddy's biggest influences, master musician and steel icon, Russ Pahl also wrote the liner notes for this debut...

"I just wanna say that pedal steel guitar is alive and completely well in 2016!(I know this for a fact because I just listened to Eddy Dunlap’s new record.) Eddy is a young man who plays far beyond his years. He is a fully-formed musical talent. Listening to him play, I can hear who his influences are but his own style rises clearly to the surface. And while he does apply many creative twists and turns to these songs, he never loses track of the melody. I suggest that you block out forty minutes of your day—get your favorite beverage, find a comfy chair, use the best speakers you can find, shut off that damned phone and treat yourself to some of the best steel guitar playing around!"

WHERE TO BUY:

You can order your brand new copy of Eddy Dunlap's Country Music by contacting Show-Pro Steel Guitars at their website at http://www.showprosteelguitars.com/music.html and you can pay with Paypal OR send a check/money order to Show Pro Steel Guitars, 1824 Logue Rd, Mt Juliet, TN 37122. ALSO AVAILABLE ON ITUNES SOON!

$15 + $4 shipping
TN residents need to add 9.25% TN Sales Tax

TRACKS:

1.) Back Up And Push

2.) Once You've Had The Best

3.) Too Many Rivers

4.) Send The Pillow You Dream On

5.) Sneakin' Off To Tootsie's(Featuring Jimmy Capps)

6.) If I Could Only Win Your Love

7.) Too Much Of A Good Thing(Featuring Lloyd Green)

8.) I'm Just A Country Boy

9.) Up On Cripple Creek

10.) Bouquet Of Roses

Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2016 9:40 am    

Hi Eddy - I am home now, and have had the chance to play the album through my decent sound system. You have done a great job young man. The recorded sound of your steel is top quality as is the production. You should be very proud of your first effort.
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,

dlayne

OH
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2016 8:58 pm     Cd

Just got mine today & if you don't have it you're sure missin out, it's one of the best in my collection!!

John Macy

Rockport TX/Denver CO
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2016 1:05 pm    

Killer record! Been in my CD player nonstop since I have been back from Dallas...

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2016 3:29 am    

Jeff Surratt gave me a promo copy of this CD at the Dallas Show.

Now let me tell you, and it is not just because Eddie is my friend, this CD is a keeper.

It incorporates some fresh new approaches to E9. I can just see us all trying to figure out what Eddie did.

There is a wide variety of songs, so there is something for everyone.

I suggest that you add this to your collection.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Matt Elsen

Deer Harbor, Orcas Island, WA
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2016 4:59 pm    

I took a flyer on this based on the above comments and I received my copy from the Show Pro folks the other day.

Hello!

I have to say that this is one seriously engaging, refreshing, fun, stylish and inspiring CD. I find it thoroughly enjoyable.

Eddy's playing is first rate - great tone, taste & technique. The overall recording is excellent, too - great production and musicianship. It sounds terrific in the car and great cranked up on a good home system.

As I was listening to it last night it struck me that there's almost a palpable feeling of energy and enthusiasm running through the entire CD and on some tunes, almost a delightful playfulness. The whole thing comes across to me as though this is a player who really enjoys playing the pedal steel guitar- there's a lot of joy here and the playing never seems cliche'd or ponderous. I liked the song selection a lot.

Maybe it was because I wasn't expecting much or didn't know what to expect - I'd only heard Eddy on a few clips on YouTube demo-ing Little Walter amps - but what a pleasant surprise.

Love the duet with Lloyd on the Alan Jackson tune "Too Much of a Good Thing". Good stuff.

J R Rose

Keota, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2016 1:46 pm    

This is a must have for your collection folks. Got mine at the Dallas Show after watching him play in the Sho-Pro room. And Yes Matt, Eddie loves what he is doing and just keeps on going. What a fine young man and he his one of the few young men that is carrying on the future of the Pedal Steel Guitar. He is only about 25 or 26 years old and has already forgot more than I ever learned in a lifetime. Keep on picking Eddie. J.R. Rose

Spencer Scott

England (deceased)
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2016 6:46 am    

A great CD from a great player. I just love all the tracks money well spent,get yours now.
Spence