The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  North Carolina Steel Jam April 30TH
Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2016 5:36 pm    

Anna and I will be going to Ricks Worleys Giddy Up on April 2nd.And we will be getting every thing lined up for the Steel Guitar Jam for the 30TH.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2016 1:45 am    

Hi Sam, I will be attending...IF there is room I would like to play if not I'll just hang out and visit with everyone...

thx

t

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website

Rick Worley

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2016 6:43 pm     Nc Steel Guitar Jam

My name is Rick Worley, music hall is "THE GIDDY-UP" in which I'm co=hosting with Samuel White on April 30th, 2016 starting at Noon til 5 pm. We invite steel players and anybody that would like to come out to the event. The "Gravel Roads Band" will be the feature back-up band for the steel guitar players. There will be a concession available providing hamburgers, hotdogs, chips, cake an beverages. We would like two weeks in advance to confirm your attendance if you are on the playlist. If you have any questions or need directions please contact myself at (919)915-1831 or Samuel White. Thanks and looking foward to a day of music and fellowship.

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2016 1:55 am    

Question: Should the players bring charts for the band , is that just a given ?

Allen Howington

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2016 7:01 am     jam

I plan on being there!

Johnny Howington

Lillington, NC
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2016 8:09 am     jam

Planning on being there!

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2016 5:10 pm    

If you plan on coming and want to play let me know. If there is not a small Star after your name I need to know if you plan on playing. The one's with a Star after their name will be there to play. Let me know as it is going to be crowded.Everyone will play even if I don't it will be fine.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Last edited by Sam White on 26 Mar 2016 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2016 5:10 pm    

If you plan on coming and want to play let me know. If there is not a small Star after your name I need to know if you plan on playing. The one's with a Star after their name will be there to play. Let me know as it is going to be crowded.Everyone will play even if I don't it will be fine.Try to get there about 1/2 to 1 hour before so to get set up.It is going to be kind of tight but we will manage.This was a over size two car garage and Rick done all the work himself.He is a retired Teacher who taught pluming in a High School.
Sam White

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 27 Mar 2016 10:21 am    

Be here before you know it.I have been practicing on my Dyna Lap Steel.
Sam white

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2016 5:52 pm    

To The Top

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2016 5:52 pm    

To The Top

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2016 12:43 am    

how about update the list ! Please add my name and please put a star by my name !

thx

t

Kenny Martin

Chapin, S.C. USA
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2016 6:47 am    

Hey Sam,

I plan on coming as it will be my first trip to your steel show.
I have not played a steel show in a while but this one works with the playing schedule.
I have slowed up playin with Marshall Tucker and a few other artist so looks good for me to be there.

Hope to meet you guys.

thx....Km

Johnny Howington

Lillington, NC
Post  Posted 4 Apr 2016 5:14 am     Great!

We look forward to Kenny,Hugh,Ben,and Tony joining this convention. We have a great time and look forward to hearing you guys play! Not far away now so we better be getting our mess ready as well !! We hope any and all that want to join us whether you play or just want to listen come on out and join us. We all just love the sound of the steel guitar and love to listen to country music! It will be a day full of good food and Country Music with the Steel Guitar !! Looking forward to a great day!

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2016 7:00 am    

I Need you guys to give me a answer as we are going to be a packed house.
Sam White And Rick Worley.

Last edited by Sam White on 25 Apr 2016 1:26 pm; edited 7 times in total

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2016 3:46 pm     Re: Steel Guitar Jam

up

Last edited by Sam White on 10 Apr 2016 3:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2016 3:46 pm     Re: Steel Guitar Jam

up

Last edited by Sam White on 25 Apr 2016 1:27 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2016 3:48 pm     Re: Steel Guitar Jam

Hugh Briley"]Sounds great. I will try to attend..

Hugh Briley NOT COMING

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 12 Apr 2016 6:36 am    

Ben Godard"]When is this event?

.Cancelled not coming

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2016 4:12 am    

Question: this is a 12PM to 5PM event...?

Last edited by Tony Prior on 15 Apr 2016 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2016 9:22 am    

up

Last edited by Sam White on 14 Apr 2016 9:28 am; edited 2 times in total

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2016 9:22 am    

Tony this Steel Guitar Jam is going to go until every one plays and more than likely we won't get dune until way after 5:00 PM. Right now I have 11 players maybe one or two more. I'm waiting to here from Sid Hudson,Billy Knowles. Chuck Campbell and Jerry Hayes all from VA.except Billy Knowels he is from N.C..We may be there until around Eight to 10.00 PM. Depends when we are getting tired of playing.I'm Hopping every one will be able to play twice and around 3 to 4 songs each round if not more..\At the end evry one will play the last song all together.Anna and I have ran the RISGA Steel Show 5 years and the NESGA for a year and the Greenville Tennessee Steel Guitar Jams a few times.R.I. we had Jerry Fesenden their NESGA we had Joe Sapp There and Greenville TN we had Herby Wallas and Brian Adams there.
Sam White

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2016 12:36 am    

Excellent Sam .

Looking forward to seeing everyone...

thx

t

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2016 5:19 am    

update for me: I have been offered a tentative gig that afternoon, I will advise soon of my ability to attend.

Spoke with Johnny Howington, he updated me on the jam details, thx Johnny...

t

Chuck Campbell

Manassas, VA, USA
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2016 12:44 pm    

I plan on being there, and may bring Sid Hudson with me. I'm working on him.