The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Great Show in Mt. Vernon, Illinois
Tommy Dodd

Acworth, Ga., USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2016 9:45 am    

My sincere thanks to the Southern Illinois Productions board and staff. This is a very dedicated, tireless group of individuals that, as a team, have figured out how to plan, promote, and produce a great steel guitar event for the steel players and the audience.
In addition to playing my individual sets, I was very honored to be asked to work with a beautiful and talented lady named Teea Goans. She is by far the very best female country singer I've ever worked with (and I've been in the music business a long, looooooong time). Please check out her website and buy her music. She is a fantastic voice of traditional country music that needs to be heard around the world.
My sincere thanks to the "staff" band that worked with me and on Teea's sets. They were challenged with some very "non-standard" charts and performed them with excellent form and taste. I applaud them all for their extra effort to make these shows a complete success.
If you weren't at Mount Vernon this year please mark your calendar for next year. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Dave Flanagan

Mt. Vernon,Il.
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2016 2:37 pm    

On behalf of the staff at Southern Illinois Productions, Thank you Tommy for all of your hard work with charts ect. with our staff band. You along with Mike and Mike and Mike and Mike are very much appreciated. Thank you Laughing Laughing Razz love these guys