The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Branson Jam (Without Bread and Butter)
Jeremiah Hanley

Springfield, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2016 8:13 pm    

Just when I learned to say 'Yelly', they changed it to 'Yam'!! Anyway that's what my Swedish brother-in-law said. Here's a few highlights of our Ozark Steel Guitar Jam this afternoon!! Our vice-president of our club, Charlie Steichen, received the thunderous applause of the day. He shined on "Together Again" and "Shenadoah". Buddy Lewis, our bass player and a gifted singer, pleased everyone with the song, "Why Me, Lord" and that also brought a thunderous applause. He sang it with tremendous feeling. I personally, was deeply moved! We were so glad to have Kenneth Burford from the Kansas City area who played on almost every tune and seemed to enjoy being there at the jam! The other steel players that joined in this fun afternoon were: Steve Melchi, Eddie Lane, David White, Mike Squires, Charlie Steichen, and myself. It was so nice to see our president, Terry Bethel feeling better and walking really good. He didn't play, but it sure was wonderful having him there. Our drummer Russ Burns sounded especially good today as he worked with our bass player, Buddy, as they put the "drive in country"! Everyone missed Dino Strunk, our faithful and super lead guitarist. He had surgery and won't be able to play for a few weeks. I believe I'm safe in saying the refreshments were delightfully consumed with extreme pleasure. Simply put, they tasted GOOD!!! Thank you, ladies!! Terry shared exciting news about the upcoming Super Event Show, July 29,30,31. Special guests, Jean Stafford and Wayne Appleby from Australia will be performing. There are always exciting things happening in the Ozark Steel Guitar Association! Include Branson in your summer vacation plans and come and join in the fun!!