The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  StageOne E's on Right Knee?
Lane Gray

Topeka, KS
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2016 8:11 am    

I like reverser axle rig of the Fingertip on my bench. If only all lowers on the guitar did it that way.

chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2016 9:19 am    

thank you chris, brett and others wno understand this thread is about dan's configuration problem.
i am happy with my 9+8 d10 zum, my 9+7 pp emmons and my 8+7 pp emmons, all set up with my unorthodox copedent. i'm very fortunate to have these beautiful steels to play, as i have done most of my life.
it's unfortunate that many on this forum prefer to push their dead horse agenda well beyond the original posters question. i like doug and lane, but can't we stick to the basic agenda of the thread?

Michael Douchette

Gallatin, TN (deceased)
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2016 10:01 am    

chris ivey wrote:
thank you chris, brett and others wno understand this thread is about dan's configuration problem.
i am happy with my 9+8 d10 zum, my 9+7 pp emmons and my 8+7 pp emmons, all set up with my unorthodox copedent. i'm very fortunate to have these beautiful steels to play, as i have done most of my life.
it's unfortunate that many on this forum prefer to push their dead horse agenda well beyond the original posters question. i like doug and lane, but can't we stick to the basic agenda of the thread?

Well said. I'll shut up now. Smile

http://www.steelharp.com
http://www.thesessionplayers.com/douchette.html

(other things you can ask about here)
http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o54/Steelharp/

Lane Gray

Topeka, KS
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2016 10:26 am    

If you want a Stage One configured like you want it, buy. Simmons. Pull-release tone, configured to your specs.

chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2016 10:34 am    

i like you too, mike! ..i guess lane can't settle down enough to think yet. Very Happy

Dan Robinson

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2016 10:38 pm    

I like ALL y'all, and appreciate the informative replies. It's no fun without some thread drift. The StageOne is a great steel. But Chris is right, it won't solve my problem.

40 years changing 4 and 8 on the right,  two right knees, and even my "new" RK knows the routine.

I don't want another project, and I'm not seeking "undercarriage romance." My 3+2 round-front 6139 will get more levers when James is well enough to build them. It will be awesome when it's done. BTW, I talked with James and Tree today, they say "hi."

The Encore is making more sense. Costs more than a StageOne and I'll have to wait, but I can have it made with my setup and 1" taller.

In the mean time, there's a lot of music waiting to be  discovered with 3+2 if I do the work.  Must be time to listen to Lloyd Green and Ricky Davis, then practice.