The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Pedal Steel Guitar Mechanics Video
Kristen Bruno

Orlando, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2014 7:10 am    

Not sure if this was mentioned in precvius postsI am not sure if any of these comments were mentioned before:

About price: I guess 100 is OK since you are not doing a volume business, If it were a volume business I would say about 60.

I am a bit naive about the different types of guitars like push all and all pull etc. It seems that it would be impossible to cover the main different brands of guitars as far as the rodding etc goes and it might provide a great deal of information for some guitar owners and little to others... so some people would be happy and others would not. So the suggestion would be to cover a similar topic as it would apply to several different types of guitars in the form of different Chapters" (like ... if you own a GFI, go to Chapter 10, If you Own a Shobud go to Chapter 11, If you own a Mullen go to Chapter 12. A bonus would be if you included the Fender cable style guitars. This would certainly boost sales. I am sure many of us have one hidden in the closet.

The more clips which are made "specialized" for different types of guitars would certainly make the asking price more of the disk worthwhile, since many of us go from one type of guitar to another until we find exactly what we want. It would also prove to be an invaluable learning tool when studying the difference (and similarities) between different makes of guitars.

Thanks
K

Marty Forrer

New Zealand
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2014 3:20 pm    

I'll be in for one. I don't care what it costs, that sort of information is priceless. I'm in the middle of trying to restore a PSG that has been butchered, and it's quite the challenge for a newbie to figure out.

Leo Grassl

Madison TN
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2014 8:05 pm     When will the DVD be available?

Mickey,

Can you give us an update on how things are going with this DVD and when it will be available? Cant wait to have it!

Thanks,

Leo

Jim Peter

Mendon,Mich USA
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2015 7:36 pm    

Mickey,

Any chance the video will be available soon. My guitar needs some TLC and it would be great to have something to follow. Thanks for all that you do.

Jim

Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2015 10:46 am    

m finishing up in a few more weeks guys...I will post a link and a youtube short clip when im done!!
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!

Anders Eriksson

Mora, Dalecarlia, Sweden
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2015 11:30 am    

That's great!

Maybe I can learn how this sawing machine works Very Happy

// Anders

Jim Hinds

Gallatin, TN USA
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2015 11:48 am    

Looking forward to it Mickey.

Will Cowell

Cambridgeshire, UK
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2015 8:44 am    

Mickey, I think this is a great project. Knowing how you do things, this is going to be really good. Put me down for one, no question. There have been some excellent ideas on topics to cover, guys, way to go!
Roland Cube 80XL, Peterson Strobo+HD,
EarthQuaker Despatch Master for reverb / delay

Wayne Simpson

Marlborough, Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2015 4:53 pm     Can't wait...

Definitely cover splits, half-stops, as you mentioned... and any fixes for common technical problems, like cabinet drop and how to equalize differing pedal tensions. Thanks Mickey! Don't know what the steel community would do without your contributions!
Ampeg B15 Fliptop
TC Flashback Delay
Bunch of other amps
Marlborough, MA
wawawayne@comcast.net

Todd Monroe

Queen City of the Ozark Mountains
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2016 7:24 am    

You know, I would have bought this three years ago. I'd still throw down $100 today. I'm sure I'm not the only one. As an aside, I'd like to thank Mickey for all of his selfless endeavors educating the PSG world. I hear "you should never give anything away for free" but I'm glad Mickey has ignored that as much as he has.

Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2016 8:52 am    

As soon as my new shop is up...this is a priority...I have 3 hours of raw video to edit...ugh
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!

Tommy Young

Ethelsville Alabama
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2016 4:13 pm    

Good Luck on your project Mickey, hope it helps some of these guys need it. I'm not much of a teacher or i would've done this long ago...

Antolina

Dunkirk NY
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2016 5:21 pm    

Mickey Adams wrote:
Ive been a pilot for 30+ years Neils...I can assure you...PSG did not pay for these.. Cool Cool

My first impression.... good work Mickey

Sho~Bud 6139 3+3
Marrs 3+4

RC Antolina

Larry Bressington

Nebraska
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2016 9:08 am    

Fantastic work Mickey....And all this great info and hard earned knowledge for a measly $100, Hell yes it's well worth it, and knowledge isen't free, that's just the cost of a synthetic oil change in today's working vehicle's, Good work my man...

Question...With DVD'S going out of style, will this be available as a download?

Gino Cecchetto

California, USA
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2016 9:22 am    

All I have to say is, "how soon can I get one?"

Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2016 7:03 am    

I know it has been a long time since I announced this....Ill be setting up a new sho in Bandera TX next month..This will be TOP Priority!!./..

Gerald Shaw

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2016 1:44 pm    

Mickey, I would be interested in an analysis of setting up knee levers. What I mean is , the relationship between tightening down the nylon nut at the changer, versus changing the stops to alter travel.

Thanks

Don Mogle

Round Rock, TX, USA
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2016 9:52 pm    

"As soon as my new shop is up...this is a priority...I have 3 hours of raw video to edit...ugh"

Mickey,

Why don't you leave it as 3 hours of raw video and save the time editing? Somebody could possibly use the information that gets cut out! Just a thought...

Wish you well on this fine project.

Don

DG Whitley

Post  Posted 22 Feb 2016 7:47 am    

Well one disadvantage would be you can only fit 2 hours of video on a DVD unless you compress the mess out of it and then you lose video quality. Second upon reflection of what he has, there could be things in there that would be considered "common knowledge" and not needed or things repeated that are not necessary. The list goes on, but reviewing and editing are a necessary evil in order to present the best product possible (my 2 cents anyway).

Don, I know what you are saying, but I would agree with Mickey on review and editing his raw footage. My take is we've waited this long, so it won't hurt us to wait a little longer. He graciously took this on to do himself so I think we should be content to let him do it his way.

Thank you again Mickey for all you do for the PSG world.

Joshua Tschetter

South Dakota
Post  Posted 22 Feb 2016 9:35 am    

Worth $100.00 for sure...Mickey i hope this will somewhat include the Legrande III??

Michael Dulin

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 22 Feb 2016 3:15 pm     repair video

Mickey, everything you do is top notch. I'm sure this video would be no different, encompassing all that would be required. I purchased 2 videos on pp and all pull from a famous steel "guru" and they were practically useless.(mostly about him and his toys) I'm for you on this one. I'm sure what you produce will be beneficial to many of us.MD

Don Mogle

Round Rock, TX, USA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2016 3:30 pm     Mickey's Video

DG,

I agree. Mickey will do his best to edit out the unimportant parts and leave the essential information on the video. Two hours is probably plenty of time share the information he thinks is important for this project.

Mickey: I appreciate your efforts in putting this project together! I wish you much success with it!

Don

Bryan Staddon

Buffalo,New York,
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2016 7:41 am     Mickey

You should definitely charge more,To the people who talk about $100.00 being too much for something of this scope by a proven excellent instructor, I say please people, I am certifiably below the average income for a family of four, me and the wife both work,and we are fine,In the regular guitar world a fret leveling job around here costs $100 bucks, I play almost every week somewhere and I love new strings,so bam there's 30 bucks right there every month, I can't even find anybody in Buffalo who will even talk about working on my sho-bud D10 professional ,thank god I rebuilt a car or two or the thing would freak me out.This will be an incredible tool and no way is anybody gonna get rich on something like this.Charge whatever you want, cool RV but the Kawasakis got to go Ha! Keep on keeping on Mr Adams.

Don C. Smith

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2016 10:14 am     Mickey

What you are doing is priceless in so many ways. I've made the call to you more than
once. I'm now in my second year of playing steel and this video is pure gold to me. Not
really concerned with the price, as you said, knowledge is power. Thanks for your
commitment, it doesn't go unnoticed. Hope to see you soon.

Don

Ruth Iseli-Dahler

Switzerland
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2016 1:40 pm    

I called you many times and always got help! A Video will be a great thing.
I hope you will produce a DVD and subdivide it in many small chapters so we can jump to the needed chapter easily. I hope there will be a chapter about maintenance. I never touched the changers so far, never dared. I also hope you touch the Tuning Problems we talked about.
Great plan.