The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Index to Mickey Adams's YouTube video lessons
Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2015 3:12 pm    

I pretty much have all of Mickey's videos downloaded to my computer. I have the clickable links to the YouTube videos on my websute now, but I want to host these videos on my site so you don't have to be taken out to YouTube, and have to put up with their ads. I sent Mickey an email for permission to do this, but haven't heard back.

These videos will be consolidated into a video player. There will be a description of the video, as well as a pop-up that you can view optionally by clicking on a question mark. This will bring up the drscription and it will tell you what pedals and knee levers are required for the lesson. There will also be a button to download the video directly from the player. I guess I should ask him for permission again.

John Scanlon

Jackson, Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2015 4:49 pm    

Thanks, Richard. So are you re-taking this over again? You were always better at it than I was. Or should I keep an eye on this sticky, too, to keep it up to date?

EDIT - looks like there may have been several more added since your last update.

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2015 10:35 am    

I think both of us should keep it up. I'm working on posting all his videos on my website to stop linking out to YouTube, and having to put up with their horrible ads. I'm also able to add description of the videos as well as what pedals are used in the videos so people don't get halfway through and get surprised by a pedal they don't have. It's a long process, as I have to watch every video to get the information I want to provide. I've made it through the BE section, and maybe the BEX. Can't remember off the top of my head. Since I started that project, I have been dealing with several health issues, and have had no motivation to do anything. I need to finish by February, as I may have to give up my internet service.

Joe Krumel

Hermitage, Tn.
Post  Posted 13 Feb 2016 8:57 am     Mike Johnson on Joey&Rory Recording.

Pretty sure Mike did "Tonight cowboy you're mine". This is the sound that drew myself and many of us to this instrument. Joey,Rory and Mike Johnson. Great stuff!

Jim Morris

Cincinnati Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2017 11:27 am    

Wow I had no idea you had this many videos Mickey....they don't all show up on my you tube subscription but it's nice to have them here! Thanks to the poster!

Jim Morris

Cincinnati Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2017 12:20 pm    

Richard I was on your Web site and first thanks for having mickey stuff right there! Where do I go to get the chord map app you talk about hoat8ng the download for? that would be a great tool for a newbie like me for sure!

Steve Mueller

Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2017 8:53 pm    

Great info to refer to. Thanks for posting these!

Gene Vance

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2018 5:56 am    

I found a video of a person playing Desperado who mentioned Mickey Adams had one posted, but his used a different copedent. Does anyone have a link to Mickey playing Desperado?

Jesse Cunningham

Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2020 7:02 pm    

Thanks for making this list! Thanks to Mickey for the great videos

Kristen Bruno

Orlando, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2020 12:51 pm    

Very Happy WOW Very Happy

K