The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sheraton Dallas Hotel
Charley Hill

The Dirty South
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2016 8:42 am    

If anyone cancels their room for the show, could you let me know and have a chance at it? The hotel lost the sheet we signed up for last year.
Charley

Jim Saunders

Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2016 6:45 pm     Hotel

Charley, Did this lost sheet have other names on it?

Charley Hill

The Dirty South
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2016 6:56 pm    

There were several of us signing up when we checked out on that last day. When I called to ask why I had not received an email about it last year, thats when I found out that it had been lost.

Wally Moyers

Lubbock, Texas
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2016 10:23 am    

Same here... I need one too..

Roger Shackelton

MINNESOTA (deceased)
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2016 5:45 pm    

When a person makes a reservation at a hotel, they should receive a copy of that reservation, including a reservation number. ??

Roger

Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2016 6:36 am    

I received an email for my reservation. I hope they find what you need and get your reservation.

Roger Edgington

San Antonio, Texas USA
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2016 6:48 am    

Roger, their computer system was down and they made a list and would contact everyone once it was up and running.
Sad

Clark Doughty

KANSAS
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2016 10:25 am     Sheraton Dallas

Underwhelmed comes to mind when I think about the Sheraton Dallas. When we checked out last year we asked if we could make reservations for this year. They said they would put us on a list and let us know when we had reservations. I don't remember a written list but thought it had been done on the computer. You simply don't lose things on a computer if you have someone who knows what they are doing. So as time goes along I called and asked if I had a reservation and they said they had not record of it and with no apologies. Seems like they really don't care about their the "class service" as long as the hotel if full. Bottom line is we don't have reservations and can't come to the show this year. I'm sure they or anyone else could care less but I do have a good memory...... Sad

Mike Fereday

Newbury, Berkshire, England
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2016 11:01 am    

I'm saddened to hear of your problems Charley, Wally et al. The way the Sheraton does business seems a little strange to me. As far as I recall one has always had to fill in a form, scrap of paper whatever to register interest in the next years show. One would have thought there were better ways!! In previous years it seemed to work - well for me at least..I was made aware by Ronnie Miller's wife back in June or so that there were some problems, but when I phoned the hotel to query the position they confirmed that my booking had been registered and they e-mailed me to that effect. I believe the hotel has been under new management/ownership in 2015 or maybe 2014 (some Union) and they got rid of all non-Union staff. There were therefore lots of new members of staff unfamiliar with the needs of the TSGA and I'm sure that must have given Albert and the Board a headache or two. Whether this contributed to the booking problems or not one can only ponder. I have to say that I have no fault with the Sheraton - indeed having paid my bill I did comment that the service in the Club lounge on one night was less than I expected and they refunded me one night's stay!!