The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  If a Zumsteel Stage One sounds this good,,,then ??
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2016 6:48 pm    

It has been about 8 years since I sold my Zumsteel D10 that Bruce built for me in 1995. I still regret selling it, but thats another story. I got a used Stage One about 2 weeks ago and am still in love with that steel...I simply cant believe how good it sounds and how easy it plays. It really inspires me to play a lot. I am wondering if my memory has slipped a bit, but my thought is that if a Stage One sounds this good, how much better that old Zumsteel must have sounded, or maybe it was about the same ? I wouldnt think so really. I dont see how anyone could go wrong with purchasing one of these, new or used !
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Dustin Kleingartner

Saint Paul MN, USA
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2016 7:46 pm    

I am eagerly awaiting mine. I've been on the waiting list for a few months now... so excited!

John Roche

England
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2016 2:57 am    

They are one hell of a steel...

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2016 7:23 am    

Dustin, you are going to love it I am sure...be sure to post some pics of it when you get it !
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Edward Rhea

Medford Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2016 1:37 pm    

Larry, you sound good on any steel you play..!

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2016 1:43 pm    

Eddie, thanks for the compliment ! Come on over and try this one out, you'll be impressed with it..I also have a Carter D10 and an old Fender 400 that you havent seen...both good guitars too ! It would be good to see you again and thanks again !

Allan Jirik

Wichita Falls TX
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2016 8:32 pm    

I got my Stage One in 2010 after decades of not playing steel. It was a great guitar to re-learn on. I had a project guitar that I was ignoring (because I loved the Stage One so much) so I ended up selling my Stage One to a young man, thinking that would force me to finish the project guitar. Yeah it did but I still think about that fine Stage One. What a wonderful guitar!

Jason King

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2016 6:35 am    

Awesome guitars and Doug was great to deal with. I am not a player but the roadie of my son and when he had one it stayed in tune, sounded great, easy to play and very solid.

Rich Upright

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2016 6:53 am    

Zums are about the best sounding all pull guitars there are. I am sorry I sold my D-10.

Mark Hershey

New York, USA
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2016 8:09 am    

I'm on the wait list for an Encore. May is the estimated completion date and I can not wait.

Don R Brown

Rochester, New York, USA
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2016 8:59 am    

I got mine 4 years ago the 7th, and love it. Since it's my first steel I can't compare it to any others, but will say I'm happy as can be with it.

Mark Hershey

New York, USA
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2016 5:33 am    

What pickup did you guy's opt for. I went for the truetone.

Any of you try both the truetone and the humbucker in the same guitar?

John Roche

England
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2016 6:57 am    

The one that comes with is fantastic

Ron Scott

Michigan
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2016 8:52 am    

Got a Zum Encore ordered myself and I can't wait.The weight is going to be nice too along with the sound of the Zum.I play a double neck steel so this would be nice for times when I don't need Double.