The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  MP3 snipper/editior app for android?
Patrick Ickes

Upper Lake, CA USA
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2016 12:57 pm    

Hey Guys,
So first off, I'm nearly computer illiterate, but I can usually figure things with the help of my wife. She is very computer literate, but frowns when I ask her "stupid questions that I should know by now".
I recently purchased Kevin Ryan's Hot and Sassy Steel Guitar licks. They came as a zipped file that I got loaded to my laptop and then transferred to my Tablet that I will set on my music stand.
The problem I have is I want to play the lick over and over as a loop, but there are 10 songs per MP3 track.
Is there an app I can download to "cut/copy" licks from the ten, and make a lone song file?
Thanks,
Patrick

Ian Worley

Sacramento, CA
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2016 2:24 pm    

Download Audacity here: http://audacityteam.org/download/, install it on your laptop, then you can open the mp3 files and cut them up to your heart's content. An easy way to do it is to open the mp3, highlight the parts you DON'T want, hit "delete", then use "Export" in the "File" menu to export the clip to a separate mp3. When done with that, just hit CTRL+Z a few times to undo the changes and restore the whole original track, then simply repeat the operation with the next section you want. Upload them to your tablet, voila. You can also use it slow them down, change keys and other stuff but I will skip that part. Those options are available in the "Effects" menu.

When you exit Audacity, it will ask you if you want to save the file. Just select "No" -- this just saves the file in a proprietary "project" format that will be of no use for your purposes. The original mp3 will remain untouched unless you select the direct editing option in preferences. I would suggest not doing this, and you will just be editing a disposable copy that will go away when you exit the program.

Good luck!

PS: any relation to Rob?

Patrick Ickes

Upper Lake, CA USA
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2016 8:28 pm    

Thanks Ian,
I'll try the download link now.
Patrick

PS Yes, Rob is my Brother.

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2016 2:36 am    

Audacity will also allow you to TAG the MP3's so the track titles can be read in any MP3 player.

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website