The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Southern Ohio Jam session
Bob Cox

Buckeye State
Post  Posted 2 Nov 2015 6:22 pm    

There will be a steel guitar Jam at the Friendship community center 12215 Us Highway 52 Stout, OH 45684 7 miles west of Portsmouth Ohio on rt 52 west. This will be on Nov 29 starting at 12 noon lasting all day. Steel players, musicians and singers, and anyone welcome. Please contact me so I can get a rough idea of attendance. Each player can play some of their favorite solos and then later play along in an organized three player per singer jams.

http://www.superpages.com/bp/Stout-OH/Nile-Township-Trustees-L0010156619.htm

Last edited by Bob Cox on 9 Nov 2015 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2015 5:16 am     '' Bobbys Steel Jam ''

Very Happy Hi Bobby . I will see if Sonny wants to come down , maybe we can ride down together . Hope you have a great turnout .

Jerry Grooms

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2015 6:37 am    

hope to see you gary and sonny there. Very Happy

P Perry

Lebanon, OH, USA
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2015 5:42 pm    

The boss and I are going to make.

Bob Cox

Buckeye State
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2015 8:11 pm    

Looking forward to seeing ya Phil

Marvin Born

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2015 5:54 am     Jam

Bob,

Can you post a physical address for us GPS nuts?

James Jacoby

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2015 4:23 pm    

I'm gonna try to make it. Gotta get me a couple of those neat tuning wrenches! Ditto, on the address for our gps devices, Bob. -Jake-

Marvin Born

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2015 9:16 am     Telonics Demo equipment at the steel jam

I will be bringing the very latest Telonics TCA500-B combo amp with the midi remote control and 15" Telonics speaker.

Also I have the TCA 500-A combo head, with a seperate 12" speaker. Both amps are 500 watts with an analog signal path, only the effects are passed thru the processor which is a TC Electronics G major 2. They have about 30 steel guitar patches installed.

My rig is a Telonics rack system in stereo, with a Lecicon processor, so the whole amp line will be there.

Plus the volume pedals and pickups will be there. I have both a standard pedal and a low profile (cowboy boot pedal)

You are welcome to play thru the amps and pedals. A steel with a Telonics pick-up will be available. Or bring your own instrument.

There will be show pricing on all of the Telonics equipment. Let me know if you want something and I will make sure it is exactly the way you want it.

Marvin

Marvin Born

James Jacoby

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2015 11:00 pm    

TTT please. -Jake-

Jerry Grooms

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 17 Nov 2015 4:39 pm    

Ttt

Marvin Born

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2015 2:39 pm    

To the top

Mike Wilson

Mansfield, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 28 Nov 2015 10:44 am    

Looking forward to it.

P Perry

Lebanon, OH, USA
Post  Posted 28 Nov 2015 2:13 pm    

Guys I've come down sick a wont make it to the jam. So this means there will be plenty of vittles for everyone. Hopefully will catch everyone next time. Everyone be safe and have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Walter Jones

Athens, Ohio USA
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2015 3:43 pm    

Well I will be the first to post, you all missed a great time. Some really good pickers and singers, I will post some pictures later, just got home. I am sure Marvin will too as he took a lot of pictures. Bobby may try another one next summer, thanks to him for some good old country music.

Last edited by Walter Jones on 29 Nov 2015 4:49 pm; edited 2 times in total

Tim Brady

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2015 4:31 pm    

Great Jam Session, Bobby Cox. Thanks for organizing it and hosting it!

Mike Wilson

Mansfield, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 30 Nov 2015 2:53 am    

Had a great time. Anybody that woulda, coulda, shoulda, really shoulda. You missed a great jam. Some really good singers and pickers. The backup band was tops. I'm not good with names, but the drummer, Bass, and guitar players were on top of it. Oh yeah, can't forget the sound man, Marvin Born, who did a great job. And of course, Bob Cox, who did a great job putting on this jam and making it a success.

Walter Jones

Athens, Ohio USA
Post  Posted 30 Nov 2015 1:29 pm    

Here is a shot of the two main guys that worked so hard to make yesterdays Jam Session, Marvin Born on the left and Bobby Cox on the right.

Walter Jones

Athens, Ohio USA
Post  Posted 30 Nov 2015 1:38 pm    

Sorry for the quality of the pictures, the batteries were going fast. I have some more pictures but can't get them on, must have reached my limit. Marvin also took a lot of pictures so I will leave it to him . The young guitar player, super picker, after they did Highway 40 Blues I asked him to hold up his left hand. I was sure the way he played he must of had 12 fingers on his left hand. Albert Lee eat your heart out. You people missed a good one, keep next summer in mind.

Walter Jones

Athens, Ohio USA
Post  Posted 30 Nov 2015 1:40 pm    

Bobby, you will have to help with the names, some of the guys was the first time I had ever seen them.

Bob Cox

Buckeye State
Post  Posted 30 Nov 2015 5:36 pm     pictured above

The incredible tele man Rodney Crisp on blue tele lead guitar, Ike landrum on yellow fender guitar
Donna Cunningham Nashville female singing artist, Gary Steel, Mike Wilson on G2 , Big Red Clifford on GF!, Tim Brady on carter single 12 , Jeff Shaner from Columbus Oh doin it great on his custom Bass.Jerry Evans on drums,James Jacoby on turquoise carter.Gary Phillips on walnut GFi. Dave Morrison playing a Zum not shown and Paul on sho bud not in pics thank all and any music brothers I missed

Jerry Grooms

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 30 Nov 2015 6:34 pm    

Had a great time. Everyone done great

James Jacoby

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 30 Nov 2015 11:02 pm    

Had a really great time, although I was a couple hours late! Playing till 11 or so, on Saturday night, and the four hour drive on Sunday---too much for this old man, I guess,hee hee! The quality of ALL the musicians was top drawer! And the song selection was more, what I like! I was getting tired of playing to "Waltz Across Texas, and "Mansion On The Hill"! Made the 4hr. trip, so worth it! And, not to forget the job, Bob did, putting it all together, and solving the age old problem of, where to put your tuning wrench, so it doesn't roll off on the floor. Bob should also sell flashlights for all the steelers that didn't buy one of those cool wrenches! I got two of them--one for my road steel, and one for my practice PSG! And Rodney! I thought Bob, had somehow got Albert, or Brent, to play in the staff band! If you have another one,Bob, I'll have to come again---but I'm not gonna come through Columbus, this time! My GPS almost had a nervous breakdown, going through there! Whoa! Thanks again, for a great jam! -Jake-

Marvin Born

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2015 12:20 pm    

William Kendrick

Bedford Heights, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2015 1:50 pm    

Sorry we couldn't make it from Cleveland. Too many other commitments. Please let us know the date of the one next summer so we can organize a bunch to come down.
1979 Emmons D-10 P/P 8X5, Lawrence L-710 Pickups, Li'l Izzy, Telonics Volume Pedal, Goodrich Super Sustain Matchbox, Lexicon MX200 Dual Reverb Effects Processor, Peavey Vegas 400 Amplifier with BW Speaker.