The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Show Pro Sd10 Please Close-deal made
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2015 9:28 pm    

I bought this steel new as of May of this year. It might have a few scratches and bar dings on it, but it is still a wonderful steel. It is an Emmons set up and has 3 and 4. Of course it comes with the OHSC.

I waited about 4 months for the delivery of this beautiful steel and it was all I could possibly hope for...beautiful to look at, plays great and sounds great. I think the wood grain and finish is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen !

I would prefer not to ship this steel, but of course I will if it doesnt sell locally. The buyer must pay shipping and pay pal fees. Thanks for looking and feel free to ask for more photos or ask more questions. BTW for the next week this steel is in the Phoenix, Az area and then I will take it back to Oklahoma if it doesnt sell.

Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Last edited by Larry Lenhart on 1 Dec 2015 4:42 pm; edited 8 times in total

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2015 2:00 am    

Drool. I could only hope to have a great guitar like this. Good luck withyour sale

Dustin Rhodes

Owasso OK
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2015 5:45 am    

Beautiful steel.

Kenneth Cartright

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2015 12:31 pm     ShoPro

Larry, PM sent

Johnny Cox

Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2015 5:37 pm    

That's nice. Don't let it get away.

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2015 6:00 pm    

Thanks Johnny, it is nice. Really, pictures dont do it justice...you have to see it in person to really appreciate its true beauty ! Damir saw this one being built, maybe he will chime in.
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2015 7:25 am    

to understand how beautiful this guitar is, you have to see it in person... absolutely gorgeous...

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2015 10:25 am    

Thanks Damir, I appreciate your comments. I never thought I would be selling this one, and I might regret it later down the road, but...

Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2015 4:17 pm    

not to be a wise a--, but why would a steel only a few months old have nicks and scratches on it already?

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2015 5:47 pm    

Four months ??? I didnt buy it and stick it in a closet !! That represents quite a few times I have played the steel, taken it to dances, jams, etc. Kinda hard to avoid not getting something done to it. I try to take good care of my equipment but it gets transported quite a bit.
Nothing major or obvious, but just didnt want someone to get a steel thinking that it had never been played and was "as new from the factory". I am not perfect like some people are I guess.

Hugh Roche

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2015 8:52 am     steel

Larry thats a beautiful guitar! BTW The CHET i got from you has played on 2 platinum albums.

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2015 10:35 am    

Hugh, thats great ! Glad to hear it is in such capable hands !! Glad you are enjoying it too.
Thanks for your comments about the steel.

Wayne La Farr

Thousand Oaks, Ca.
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2015 3:14 pm    

I have a Standel 25L15, that I might be interested in trading for that good lookin' Show Pro.

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2015 6:34 pm    

Thanks, Wayne, for the offer, but at this point I think I will wait for a cash sale. Thanks !!
BTW, that looks like Thom Bresh ? or do you look a lot like Thom ? He loves the Standels as did his dad, Merle Travis.

Wayne La Farr

Thousand Oaks, Ca.
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2015 7:22 pm    

Hi Larry,
Good luck with your sale, That's a great guitar! When people see Bresh and I together, they always ask if we're brothers. I say: I'm not sure, his Daddy is gone and my Momma ain't talking. Shocked By the way I had Travis's Standel for a while, the Red and black one, R.C. Allen owned it and my Buddy Michael O'Dorn (Merle Travis expert and Travis teacher at CAAS) let me borrow it. The Standel I have is the one Michael had made for him.

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2015 8:01 pm    

Deleted

Last edited by Larry Lenhart on 27 Nov 2015 2:08 pm; edited 2 times in total

Russell Davis

Fort Worth Texas, USA
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2015 6:52 pm    

Larry,
I sent you a PM earlier, and a reply to your fender quad post. I've got a 26" quad I'm sure we can work something out on.

Russell

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2015 6:19 pm    

The steel is back in Oklahoma now. I have decided to sell the steel rather than try to trade it.
Thanks.

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2015 1:20 pm    

I have had several inquiries about why I am selling this great steel so soon after having it built for me. I also had a Justice Judge D10 built for me about the same time. I have just come to the realization that I have too much money tied up in pedal steel guitars, that some unexpected expenses have come up, and I need to sell one of them. There is nothing wrong with either steel...they are both great guitars IMHO, I just need to downsize some and raise some funds. I am sure I will regret selling them, but the reality is I dont need two for no more than I play and no better than I play, and I really enjoy non-pedal steel more these days. Thanks for your interest and keep those cards and letters coming folks ! Feel free to ask any questions or request more pictures.

Billy J Bonner

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2015 4:19 pm     Sho Pro trade for two steels

Would you be interested in a trade for a u12 sho bud and a triple 8 fender!

James Sission

Sugar Land,Texas USA
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2015 4:19 pm    

I had a Justice S10 that I got from Larry. It was just as he described it and I drove 2 hours to pick it up....Class act here...

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2015 7:26 pm    

Thanks James for the nice words...I remember that well and that was a smooth transaction and you helped make it that way too !

Billy, that is a generous offer of your two steels...I wouldnt be interested in a trade at this point, but thanks for your offer !!

Chris Grigsby

Boulder, CO
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2015 8:03 pm    

Nice looking Show Pro!

Best,
Chris

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 28 Nov 2015 4:09 pm    

Chris, thanks for the nice words about the steel..it is a beauty for sure !

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 30 Nov 2015 1:21 pm    

If you are considering this steel at all, contact me and perhaps we can work out some kind of a large downpayment and a balloon payment later. I realize I am sticking my neck out on such an offer, but I also realize that it is the Holiday season and people have other priorities for their money. I have had nothing but the best of dealings with forum members, and that is why I would consider doing such a payment plan on this fine steel. I have nothing to hide on this steel and simply would like to lower my investments in pedal steels and move on. I would keep my Justice D10. Thanks in advance.