The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Next Generation Interactive Scale Finder & Harmonizer
Dave Hayes

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 4 Nov 2015 5:27 am    

Written BY a Pedal Steeler FOR Pedal Steelers, we have developed a computer program that has two main modules. The first allows users on ALL levels to increase their knowledge of chord and inversion occurrences at all locations on the E9th or C6th guitar neck. (NEW - 12 STRING EXTENDED E9 AND UNIVERSAL TUNINGS NOW AVAILABLE!) The second advises of correct harmonies for the notes in every scale key and 5 different scale types. (Major, 3 Minors, and Augmented). Run through song chord progressions and find out what the proper 2 or 3 note harmonies are for the notes in that scale.
NOTE: BASED ON SOME FEEDBACK, THE SCREEN HAS BEEN MODIFIED SLIGHTLY TO MAKE IT LESS BUSY! THE BLUE HAS BEEN REMOVED, AS IT WAS NOT NECESSARY. NOW, IF THERE IS A COLOR (YELLOW, ORANGE, GREEN, &SOMETIMES RED) IT MEANS THAT THE NOTE IS IN THE CHORD, AND CAN BE PLAYED.
Also included are super handy tools, such as the "Chord Detective" and a Scale Module to instantly return the notes in 407 different scales.

To find more about the capabilities of this program, please visit our website at http://glissandopsproducts.com
email questions or comments to glissandopsproducts@gmail.com
"You have to Know where they are to USE them!"

Last edited by Dave Hayes on 25 Nov 2015 11:04 am; edited 5 times in total

DG Whitley

Post  Posted 4 Nov 2015 7:14 am    

...very interesting, sent email with a question on how many pedals/knees it will handle. Looks awesome at this point, well done.

Steven Stewart

Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2015 10:21 am     grate

Maybe with this i can get my brain to start working.i will also need to go waleys and get some memory support pills and cold cut back on the nee levers may help to.thanks grate price on the combo if i do good with this i may move to Nashville Tn dont Laughing Thanks

Dave Hayes

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2015 11:50 am     Dickey And Steve

Dickey, we spoke, and I hope I have addressed your concerns.
Steven, I'm glad you feel our price point is more than fair, that's what we wanted to do. Good Luck to both of you, and contact me any time with questions.

Larry Weaver

Asheville, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2015 4:03 am    

Great looking program. Did I read correctly on your web site that in addition to needing Excel, the usb drive must remain plugged in to run the program?

Dave Hayes

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2015 4:21 am     Larry

You did interpret that correctly Larry. You can put the program anywhere you want on your hard disk or multiple places to insure back ups and the like, but the program is keyed to the USB drive as a copy protection method. Thanks very much for your comment. There is also a comments page on the web site, and a contact form that emails me directly, or it is glissandopsproducts@gmail.com if you have any other questions or comments. Thanks again. -Dave.

Larry Weaver

Post  Posted 6 Nov 2015 6:12 am    

Thanks for the reply Dave and the info. Sorry, but that's the deal-breaker for me. I had my fill of dongles with 3d animation software back in the day. Let me know if you work out a little more user friendly protection (dongle free) and I'm in since this looks like a killer study tool.

DG Whitley

Post  Posted 6 Nov 2015 6:54 am    

Larry, I can understand your feelings on that but being a software writer myself, our options are somewhat limited as far as real copy protection. We can do the "dongles", or have the program go in and check your hard drive serial number or any of a number of other hardware numbers, but if your hard drive crashes (and mine have), you are back to square one.

I'm interested in purchasing Pro Tools, and I think they require you to get an "iLock", would that not be the same as a "dongle" or is that handled differently? I don't really know the setup there, and stand to be corrected.

Anyway, I look at Dave's application as a learning tool and have no issue with the "dongle".

While I sympathize with Larry, I certainly understand and support Dave's right to protect the blood, sweat, and tears he has poured into creating this application. I would do no less for my software. I can see both sides of this.

My 2 cents, YMMV.

Larry Weaver

Post  Posted 6 Nov 2015 8:08 am    

Heya DG,
Yep, I totally get it. In the past, I have written and sold software too and understand the need to protect one's hard work. You're correct about using an internal number for a protection scheme and quite a few people, including myself would use a mac address for that purpose. In most cases a software company simply would reissue a serial number for registered customers if their hardware changed. I don't see much difference between that and replacing a dongle that's lost or malfunctioned. My issue with usb dongles is using them on a laptop which is mainly where I would be using this software. Years back I inadvertently snapped the flash drive dongle of my Lightwave license while re-positioning the laptop and not only broke that but also damaged the usb port. My fault entirely for a clumsy mistake but that wouldn't happen with a protection scheme that's not hardware based.

This is a great project that I think deserves support so I still may buy an E9/C6 combo seat of this, it really does look like a terrific job on a super useful learning aid. I'd just love to see a little more friendly user/protection scheme that doesn't rely on hardware.

Last edited by Larry Weaver on 6 Nov 2015 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Dave Hayes

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2015 8:22 am     Larry

How might this be. If you insert the Flash drive to start up, but then you pull the flash drive, so that you don't inadvertently break/damage/otherwise have an issue/ but the program continues to run. You may get a "Nag Factor" message every X minutes, to reinsert the FlashDrive. You do that, then pull the Flash again, and your ok again for another X minutes. I am testing right now to tweak this .

Would that work for you?

DG - Thanks very much for weighing in.

DG Whitley

Post  Posted 6 Nov 2015 8:25 am    

Larry, funny you should mention Lightwave as I also have a dongle for an old version of that. But I found Zaxwerks ProAnimator easier to use, so I stopped using Lightwave. I have on occasion looked at the newer versions, but just out of my price range now, even upgrade-wise.

But things can change, never can tell.

Just my two cents, YMMV.

Dave Hayes

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2015 8:51 am     USB Requirement

We may all be golden here. The program requires the flash drive to be inserted at start up, but then you can pull the drive and it continues to run. Has been running fine for 20 minutes now, without the flash drive in.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Larry Weaver

Post  Posted 6 Nov 2015 9:34 am    

Hey, that's a step in the right direction Dave, let us know how long you can keep the drive out before having to plug it back in. I'd find that to be fine if it just had to be plugged in once a session. ( However, I still think a non hardware solution would be best in the long run).

Dave Hayes

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2015 4:23 pm     Larry - Program runs indefinitely with USB OUT.

Just launch from any file location, with the USB in, then you can pull it and work as long as you want with it out.
/Regards,
Dave

DG Whitley

Post  Posted 7 Nov 2015 7:30 am    

Thank you Dave, I'm really looking forward to getting my copy and start finding things I've probably overlooked in the past. It's always refreshing to me to see new products for our small section of the economy. It takes some courage to address such a small market. I appreciate your efforts.

Dave Hayes

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2015 8:19 am     Thanks Much DG

My small contribution to our passion. Thank YOU!
it IS in the mail !

/Regards,
Dave.

Larry Custer

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2015 10:41 am     program

What is the cost of the program.I don't see anywhere.

Dave Hayes

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2015 10:47 am    

Hi Larry:
it is on the web site. Http://glissandopsproducts.com
Cost is $50 for either the 10 string e9 version or C6 version. You can have both 10 string versions for $65.00 They support 9 copedent changes, per neck.

Recently I have created an extended 12 String E9 and a 12 String Universal Tuning. These versions support 12 and 13 changes.
Those will sell for $60.
A $5.00 shipping fee applies, within the continental US.

Kristen Bruno

Orlando, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2015 9:47 am    

Can I modify the 12 String Universal Tuning (strings 9 and 10) and use for a standard 10 string E9 tuning by ignoring strings 11 and 12? ( Pedals would remain the same.)

Thanks
K

Dave Hayes

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2015 10:11 am    

Kristen:
Yes you can. More to the point, I produce the program in both 12 string and 10 string versions,just tell me how many strings you have, and how many total changes you have, (count a double stop as two) and I will send you the one best suited for your setup.
Thank you for your interest.

Dave.