The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  SLICKUM-UP from Steel Guitar Innovations ( 2 for 1)
George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2015 1:29 pm    

Like a lot of you, I have had an issue with my 8th string returning to pitch. (I think it called Hysteresis) so I began a journey to come up with a solution. After some experimenting, I have formulated a product that takes care of the problem. I am calling it SLICKUM-UP. You brush a little on the changer where the strings are touching. I play and practice a lot and it was still doing it's job after 6 weeks when I put new strings on. If SLICKUM-UP does not make your strings return to pitch, you have something mechanical going on that needs to be adjusted or something rubbing that needs to be cleaned and oiled. (or better, some SLICKUM-UP)

Here are the benefits of SLICKUM-UP:

1. Strings will return to pitch.
2. Strings will last longer and break less.
3. Your guitar will stay in tune better.
4. Placed on the groove in the roller nut as well as
the changer, will make the strings slide much
better.

It will not affect the tone or volume of your guitar unless you gob it on heavy.

It only takes a very small amount to do the job. If it quits working, you can just loosen the string up enough to slide it to one side and put the SLICKUP-UP on the changer, then move the string back in place and re-tune.

I am excited about this product and how it can help us. I no longer have to tilt my bar slightly after raising the 8th string because it comes back a little flat.

I am asking $5.00 plus $2.00 shipping, which includes the SLICKUM-UP, the aluminum container, an applicator brush, a padded mailing bag, and postage. It only takes a little bit so what you are getting will last a long, long time. Considering what it will do for you and how long it will last, it would be a bargain at twice the price.

Payment will have to be by PayPal, cash, USPS Money Order, payable to George Kimery. A personal check is OK, but make sure you make it payable to Connie Stafford, not me. (I don't keep a bank account anymore, so I can't cash it if it is made to me) I am doubling the order, so if you order one, you get a 2nd one for free.

The address to send payment is:

George Kimery
725 Snapp Bridge Rd.
Limestone, TN 37681

Last edited by George Kimery on 9 Nov 2015 9:30 am; edited 8 times in total

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2015 5:28 pm    

Hi George have you ever tryed Sid Hudson's LIVE STEEL STRINGS. They are great and you get no breakage and they last much longer. Try them and you will love them. That is all a lot of the Steel players are using now.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2015 7:35 pm     SLICKUM-UP by Steel Guitar Innovations

Sam, yes I am a Live String user. I could tell when I first took them out of the packages that they had a different feel to them for some reason. And you are right about breakage. I have never had one to break. Best strings I have ever had.

Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2015 11:16 pm     psg

You are correct about the Live Steel Strings. I've used about every brand and LSS is the best I've used. The extra cost is well worth it.

Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2015 6:26 am     psg

George, your product is the real deal. I put it on all moving parts in the undercarriage. Could actually feel the improvement at that point. My guitar already had a soft/easy feel to it but your product even improved it. Thanks.