The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  traded
Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2015 4:51 pm    

more info at www.steelguitarsonline.com

Last edited by Damir Besic on 30 Oct 2015 2:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2015 4:51 pm    

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2015 4:52 pm    

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2015 4:52 pm    

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2015 5:53 pm    

You're killing me. Laughing I am actually heading to the ER in a few hours. I'll make sure I tell them about the guitars you sell.

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2015 6:06 pm    

Richard Sinkler wrote:
You're killing me. Laughing I am actually heading to the ER in a few hours. I'll make sure I tell them about the guitars you sell.

I sure do hope you are kidding about ER my friend...

Ian Worley

Sacramento, CA
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2015 9:57 pm    

I tried to buy this guitar from the previous owner about two months ago, he said he sold it to someone in Illinois. How did you acquire it Damir?

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2015 10:51 pm    

Ian Worley wrote:
I tried to buy this guitar from the previous owner about two months ago, he said he sold it to someone in Illinois. How did you acquire it Damir?

this guitar came to me from Illinois , that is correct

Richard Sinkler

Post  Posted 1 Oct 2015 12:16 am    

Damir Besic wrote:
Richard Sinkler wrote:

I sure do hope you are kidding about ER my friend...

Nope. Was showing signs of internal bleeding again. I was in so much abdominal pain yesterday, at it's worst, I couldn't even call an ambulance. I have to watch for more signs, or worse signs and go back Friday, unless the signs are really bad. I don't think I could go through another bout of bleeding to death.

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2015 5:19 am    

why would you watch for more signs? go see your doctor right away

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2015 9:03 am    

couple guys asked for undercarriage pics, so here we go

Richard Sinkler

Post  Posted 1 Oct 2015 11:37 am    

The doctor said to stop. Want proof. Here he is.

Paul Wade

mundelein,ill
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2015 6:41 am     shobud super pro

Damir Besic wrote:
Jerry Malvern wrote:
Quality, but I'm not sure that's a Marrs conversion. Or that's the first one I've seen with square cross shafts.

I had some Marrs conversions, and they were mix of round and square cross shafts... I am not aware of anyone else converting Sho~Buds other then Duane... if there is someone else it would be interesting to know who, because this was done by a pro ...

i was the owner of this shobud super pro. just to clear things up i bought it from a man in Idaho who took it to marrs and had Duane do the converstion. i hand it for three months and played on gigs but,it did not fit me well so, in turn i sold it to damir.. end of story
p.w

Keith Schuler

Louisville, Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2015 4:29 pm     The horse

Is the horse on the front apron an actual marquis (layered pieces)style inlay or is it a removable sticker?

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2015 4:41 pm     Re: The horse

Keith Schuler wrote:
Is the horse on the front apron an actual marquis (layered pieces)style inlay or is it a removable sticker?

it is a beautiful inlay, not a sticker...at first I thought it was a sticker, and I was going to remove it, but when I got the guitar, I decided to leave it of course, it is professionally inlayed mother of pearl horse...

Last edited by Damir Besic on 4 Oct 2015 4:43 pm; edited 7 times in total

Keith Schuler

Louisville, Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2015 4:43 pm     jumped the gun

Oooops! Shoulda went to your website first to get an answer to my question. Yes, real inlay.

Richard Sinkler

Post  Posted 4 Oct 2015 7:02 pm    

Damir Besic wrote:
why would you watch for more signs? go see your doctor right away

I don't want to hijack your thread any further. I made a post in Extended Family explaining why, if you are interested.

I would give my left nut to be able to buy this guitar.

Ned McIntosh

New South Wales, Australia
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2015 9:13 pm    

I'll chime in again, although I have "no skin in this game" either.

Actually, I'm finding it hard to believe this steel hasn't sold yet. I know things are tough in the good old USA at the moment, but surely there has to be an owner for this unique instrument?

Speaking as someone who has rebuilt the (very much simpler) undercarriage of a steel, I see some very impressive engineering here. Five hole-bellcranks, return-springs on just about every cross-shaft, square shafts so the bellcranks just can't slip - ever.

Add the screw-adjustable pedal-stops, beefy aluminium side-rails and angle-plates at the ends of the shorter cross-shafts, the adjustable stops on the knee-levers, and what seem to be threaded-ends and lock-nuts on the cross-shafts so each can be removed individually without removing the side-rails, well it all says someone really knew what he was doing. There is a lot to like about this steel, and nothing that offends the eye or the sensibilities.

No matter who did this conversion, it was done with considerable attention to detail, for ease of ongoing maintenance and for repeatable action (and therefore feel and playability). This conversion is clearly a high-quality job.

If I was looking for a Sho-Bud as a playing guitar, this one would be right at the top of my list, especially as the monster "Ultimate 'Bud" T.C. Furlong had for sale is now gone. (Someone got the once-in-a-lifetime Sho-Bud with that one!)

What Damir has is a great deal. It has looks to die for, a great mechanism (no pot-metal down there, thank you!), and I'll bet it has the authentic Sho-Bud sound "in spades"...and look at the price!

What matters is the quality of the conversion itself. To me, that's self-evident. Damir believes it's a Marrs because that is what the provenance indicates to the best of his knowledge. He is a reputable dealer and has no reason to knowingly mis-represent this steel.

I'm just glad I can't afford it at the moment! But I'll probably regret not owning it.
The steel guitar is a hard mistress. She will obsess you, bemuse and bewitch you. She will dash your hopes on what seems to be whim, only to tease you into renewing the relationship once more so she can do it to you all over again...and yet, if you somehow manage to touch her in that certain magic way, she will yield up a sound which has so much soul, raw emotion and heartfelt depth to it that she will pierce you to the very core of your being.

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2015 6:39 am    

thanks for your kind words Ned, I was told by previous owner, thus is a Marrs conversion, and I don't have a reason no to trust him, I've been around here for a long time, and was never lied to... it is a nice guitar, and it will make a wonderful instrument for someone...

Hugh Roche

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2015 3:58 am     bud

PM sent

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2015 7:11 pm    

ttt...

Ned McIntosh

Post  Posted 11 Oct 2015 4:07 am    

Damir, do you have the copedants for this steel? With 8X7 there's got to be some interesting stuff happening on that C6th neck.
The steel guitar is a hard mistress. She will obsess you, bemuse and bewitch you. She will dash your hopes on what seems to be whim, only to tease you into renewing the relationship once more so she can do it to you all over again...and yet, if you somehow manage to touch her in that certain magic way, she will yield up a sound which has so much soul, raw emotion and heartfelt depth to it that she will pierce you to the very core of your being.

Ned McIntosh

Post  Posted 12 Oct 2015 3:06 am    

I PM'd Damir on the copedent. He says it's basically Emmons on the E9th. By the look of the undercarriage, changing pulls to suit the individual wouldn't be any harder than on any other all-pull steel of similar build.

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 25 Oct 2015 5:56 am    

Ned, thats correct, and this awesome guitar is still available... got trade offers, but still available...

Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 26 Oct 2015 12:14 am     Psg

This SP looks like a show piece that folks could admire at steel shows. The undercarriage is the best looking one I've seen on a SB in a long time. With those pu's, I bet it can do everything from Mooney to L.Green easily. Only drawback I see is the weight but dollies can take care of that real quick. Early Xmas for somebody!