The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  North Carolina Steel Guitar Jam Has Been Canceled Permanent
Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2015 5:05 am    

I'm GOING TO having another Steel Guitar Jam here in North Carolina. I will chaeck with the Senior Center in Coats where we had the last one about 3 years ago.I will let you know when i find out how many are interested in coming and playing. I'm not sure on a band yet if not a band we can do Tracks and music off a CD and play along with it.I need to know who is interested as I know Allen Howlington is interested as I talked to him last night.We can try it again and see how it works out. Anna does not want me to but I will talk to her. She is afraid that i will over do it as i hava a Pace maker and Defib in me know but I have been doing everything I use to do before.Let me know who is interested and I will try to work it where no one will be playing a GIG.I will also try to get a Saturday around 11;00 AM until what ever time we want to stop.I will also try to get some guys together for a band.I'm sure my friend Ray will have his band to play for us.I'll be waiting for answers.
Sam White Very Happy
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Last edited by Sam White on 18 Sep 2015 4:24 pm; edited 10 times in total

Ollin Landers

Willow Springs, NC
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2015 5:23 am    

Sam I'm interested. We just don't seem to have enough steel shows and jams in NC. I know there are a lot of steel players in the area.

I live near Chapel Hill. I would be glad to help with whatever is needed.

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted. W.C. Fields

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 10 Jun 2015 4:15 am    

Looks like I only have 3 Steel players so far.Come on guys take a break and join a bunch of other Steel players and have a good time.I'm thinking about having it at the Coats Senior Center where we had one before.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Johnny Howington

Lillington, NC
Post  Posted 10 Jun 2015 6:25 am     I'm in

Count me in Sam !! Looking forward to it.

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 10 Jun 2015 5:24 pm    

OK Guys we need more Steel players. I was at Billy Knowels today and had him change my Fessy over to E-9TH from C-6. He done a great job and I love it. He will also be coming to the Steel Jam when we get a few more Steel players. How about you Ricky Haggan.maybe we can get Sid Hudson to come and bring some of those great Strings he makes.
Sam White

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2015 6:32 am     Sam White

to the top

Last edited by Sam White on 12 Jun 2015 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2015 6:32 am     Sam White

OK Guys I rounded up 6 more Steel Players for the Steel Guitar Jam. The steel Guitar Jam will be at Beaver Creek Music hall also known as Robert a Melba Mc Gees music hall on McKee Rd off of Route 50 just SW of McGee cross roads.The ones I talked to last night were Jimmy Underwood,a freind of his Bill,Steve Harrold,Jimmy Monds, and Gene Hintons Grandson who is a great Lead player and he now has his Grandfarthers Steel Guitar and is starting to play it.Also the well known Steel Guitar repair man and Steel player Billy Knowels.We now have 10 Steel player counting me and if we can not get the Beaver creek hall I will go and check with the Coats Senior Center where we had one three years ago.Guys I'm going to need a little help I think maybe.I think it will be better to have it some time in September on a Saturday Afternoon from around noon till what ever.Let me know what you think and have in mind.
Sam White

Kenny Martin

Chapin, S.C. USA
Post  Posted 19 Jun 2015 7:10 am    

What is the date of the Jam?

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2015 1:51 am     Steel Jam

I'm from Pennsylvania, but if it's during Jul, I'll be there. Just tell me when and where.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 26 Jun 2015 7:02 am    

Jim and everyone that is interested in the North Carolina Steel Jam I will have info tomorrow about a hall I'm trying to get. if I can get this hall I beleave the band that plays there will play for us or you can use your tracks.I will be going there tonight.Jim what part of PA are you from??Also what dates will you be in North Carolina and what part of N.C. are you goibg to be at ???
Sam White

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 26 Jun 2015 10:23 pm    

I am from half between Pittsburgh and Erie. We have children living in Greenville, SC and Savannah, Ga., We were going on vacation during that time, but just found out last night, that one of my younger sister is going to be having a heart valve replacement sometime in Jul. Date not sure yet, so she will come first. I will be open for anytime after. I'm retired, with a beautiful wife, and a motorhome. Two Mullen pedal Steels, two lap steels, and a dobro, three regular guitar, and a bass. I'm good, not good playing, but good in life. Four children, nine grand children, and five gret- grand children. Not to bad.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

David Nugent

Gum Spring, Va.
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2015 9:52 am    

Sam..If I am not working on the date that you select, you can count me in.

David

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2015 6:14 am    

Check out the date Below.
Sam White

Last edited by Sam White on 15 Jul 2015 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 10 Jul 2015 5:49 pm    

OK here is the news we have been waiting for. The North Carolina Steel Guitar Jam will be On October 10TH which will be fine as it will give me more time to get things together.I will have every thing at the VA all done by then also.

The Steel GTuitar Jam will be at the Coats Senior Center off Route 55 turn left or right depending on what way you are coming on Route 55.Go about 100 yards and look on the hill on your right side and you will see the Building with a large sign Coats Senior Center. It is free for everyone and you can make a donation if you want to help us pay for the hall.We did this about 3 1/2 years ago and they took in a little over $300.00. I feel we get the hall free and they settle for what the 50/50 brings in and what ever is donated.WE do not get any of the money as we are doing this for all you Steel players that want to come and jam and have a good tine.
If you have any questions E-Mail me or call me at
1-919 285 2062.

Let me know who will be coming so i can start planning this Steel guitar Jam. I enjoy doinh this for all steel Guitar players and I will also be playing. This is for all levels of Steel players and if you have a lap steel you are also welcome to join us.Any Lead Guitar Players Bass Players Drumers are also welcome. This will be all free no one gets payed and it is a great get togther fun day.If it works out OK we will do a lot more of them that is up to all who want to come and continue having more Steel Guitar Jams.
Sam & Anna White

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2015 5:13 am    

Well here is the beging of the N.C. Steel Guitar Jam

1- Allen Howington - Lillington N.C.
2-Johnny Howington - Lillington N.C.
3-Billy Barbou(BJ) N.C.
4-Ray Thomas Goldsboro
5-Billy Knowls - Kenansville N.C.
6 Jimmy Monds - Clayton N.C.
7 Jimmy Underwood - Fayetville N.C.
8-Ollin Landers - Chapel Hill N.C.
9-Kenny Martin - Chapin South Carolina
10-Dave Nugent - Gum Spring VA.Can not make it 2 Gigs
11-Jim Reynolds - Franklin PA.
12-Ray Reynolds - Franklin PA.
13 Steve Harold Fuqua Varena - N.C.
14 Jerry Hayes - Virginia Beach VA.
15 Ricky Hagan N.C. ????????
16-Sam White - Willow Spring,N.C.

This is not the playing order it will be different as we have players that will be traveling a distance and they will be playing first unless they do not want to.

I'm hoping to hear from Sid Hudson from Live Steel Strings VA.,Skip Mertz from Fayettville N.C. ,Bill Smith from Sumner S.C. also David Christmas from S.C.Roger Kelly From South Carolina and some more of the locals.How about it Clyde Maddocs, we would love to have you here also.Any one from a short Driving Distance out of State are Welcome also.

I beleave my good friend Ray Cross will be there with his band. Ray Cross opened for Farron Young for 20 Years.Lets have a good showing and keep the Steel guitar going.This band is a top of the line band. They practice 3 and 4 times a week.
Sam White

Last edited by Sam White on 26 Aug 2015 10:11 am; edited 7 times in total

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 12 Aug 2015 5:57 pm    

Any more Steel Player Local or out of State you are welcome.We are going to have a second band at this Steel Guitar Jam.This will be great as that way while one band is on break for about 45 Min.The other band will take over for about 45 Min..There will be Hot Dogs and Hamburgers and Chips and Soda and water.I think this is a good chance to make some money to help the senior Center out.

Dirctions. If you come into Coats to the first traffic Light on Route 55 and you are comming West you will see a Hess Gas Station on your Left turn Left and go about 1000 feet and look on the hill to you right and you will see the Senior center. Comming east into coats you come to traffic light and the Hass Gas station Take a right and go 1000 feet and look to your right and you will see it up on the hill.
Sam White

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2015 5:36 pm    

Bump Her Up.

Allen Howington

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2015 6:39 pm     Jam

Come on out and join the "steel guitar" fun and fellowship. Sam has worked hard to promote this for all of us, let's help him out by attending.

(Sam, please edit mine and my brothers last name in the line up schedule, it's: HOWINGTON).

Allen Howington

Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2015 9:33 am    

Yo Sam, I might be interested in coming to this one just to get to see you again... Also to try to regain some steel chops. I've been playing three nights a week on lead guitar for the last three of four years and need to get back on track. What part of the state is Coats in? thanks, JH in Va.

Allen Howington

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2015 11:39 am     Jam

Between Benson and Lillington

Shorty Smith

Columbus, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2015 7:35 am     Jam

Sam, sounds like you gearing for a great jam, wish I could make it but I'm working on Saturday nights and its to far for an old man to travel, have a great jam, your friend, Shorty

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2015 4:54 am    

I guess this is going to be like the Organizations Anna and I started up in Rhode Island and they are still running Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association 18 years and 40 members and New England Steel Guitar Association 9 years with 76 members and then the One that we started out in Greenville TN in 2006 and they are keeping it going.I enjoy having these Steel Guitar Jams and organizations as I love to hear all these great Steel Guitar Players and I still keep on trying to play like every one but it is hard when you do not know the music. I'm doing a little better. As long as I keep having these Steel Guitar Jams I will make it.
Sam White

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2015 4:04 am    

I will be CANCELING THE NORTH CAROLINA STEEL GUITAR JAM. Do to some health isues.I will also be selling my Fessenden Steel and Amp.Sorry but it is not easy for me to do this.
Sam White

Jerry Berger

Nampa, Idaho USA
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2015 8:42 am    

Sam, I pray that God will heal and comfort you and give you peace. I know that it is not easy for you to sell your equipment.

Last edited by Jerry Berger on 12 Sep 2015 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2015 4:12 am     Re: North Carolina Steel Guitar Jam Will Have It

OK I desided to go on with this Steel Guitar Jam. I should be OK to continue with it. The only problem we will have is that there is not going to be any one to run the kitchenW we will take a (1) one hour break for lunch around 1:00 PM and then continue on.Let me know what you want to do.There is a Buffet just around the corner to the left on Main Street.The Mule day is the same day so we might get lucky and have a lot of people from that come in and enjoy some great Steel Guitar Music.Bring your own drinks and snacks.I just can not let all you guys and Gal,s down.
Sam White