The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Never To Old
Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 26 Jun 2015 10:42 pm    

Just wanted to let everyone know, your never to old to play the pedal steel guitar. I have been going to a lady Pulmonary Doctor for an infection in my lungs. We got to talking the other day, and the pedal steel came into the conversation. Her eyes got bright and said "Do you play the pedal steel guitar" Of course I answered yes, she said "My mother plays pedal steel and it is so beautiful, and she is 98 years old, but she just plays mainly gospel" I just loved it. I'm going to make her a copy of Jeff Newman's Gospel, and Buddy Emmon's Christmas albums, and give to her for her mother. WOW 98 years young and still plays.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Larry Mossburg

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2015 7:31 pm     Still playing the guitar.

Wow, that's a very nice story Jim. God bless her.

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2015 5:16 pm    

Lovely! May I suggest you move this post to Steel Players? Right now it's in the ISGC sub-forum where it's not likely to get the readership it deserves.

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2015 11:39 am    

Moved.

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2015 1:00 pm    

last weekend I went out to Uncle Dave Macon Days, bluegrass festival in Murfreesboro, TN. to see Ralph Stanley, I love his singing and playing, but the whole deal was pretty sad to watch, they brought him to the stage in the wheelchair, and then two guys grabbed him under his hands and helped him to get to the mike, he stood there and did a few songs, I must say he was great, even at 88 years old you could still hear that Stanley lonesome sound voice, but it just didn't look right...bless his heart

Last edited by Damir Besic on 14 Jul 2015 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2015 1:35 pm    

Thanks million bOb
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 16 Jul 2015 7:00 pm    

Damir this was nice and so sad. I've been trough some of the same. Still licking, hahaha

Barry Blackwood

Post  Posted 17 Jul 2015 10:18 am    

Damir, I tried to improve the photo, but that danged spotlight kept getting in the way…