The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Any live country bands in North Carolina week of July 6-15??
Barry Gokee

Sault Ste Marie Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2015 4:37 pm    

Looking to check out some country bands in North Carolina July 6-15. Im needing to see some country with some good steel.. Any ideas would be great...Thanks,Barry
Nashville 112 Pro-fex

Bill Cunningham

Atlanta, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2015 5:45 pm    

You might be a little more specific. West to East from Murphy to Manteo is about 630 miles. "It's not your father's Nova Scotia", to borrow a phrase from an old Osmobile commercial. Laughing

Allen Howington

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2015 4:01 am     Ice House

You could check out the Ice House in Selman N.C. Best of country music there, and every band has a steel player.

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2015 3:04 pm    

Barry there will be a excellent country band on Buffallo RD off Route 70 By Pass in Smithfeild N.C.. When you godown Buffallo RD. you will go by a lot of diffrent gasoline terminals and after you go by the kast ones it will be about 2 1/2 to 3 miles down Buffallo RD.look for a small sign that will say Country Jubilee. The band is great and there is always a Steel Guitar player in the band.They will be playing July 9Th from 7:00PM to 10:00 PM most of the time they will play a half hour longer.If you go there look me up I will be sitting in the second row and my wife has pure White hair.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Last edited by Sam White on 8 Jul 2015 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2015 3:04 pm    

Barry there will be a excellent country band on Buffallo RD off Route 70 By Pass in Smithfeild N.C.. When you go down Buffallo RD. you will go by a lot of diffrent Gasoline terminals and after you go by the kast ones it will be about 2 1/2 to 3 miles down Buffallo RD.look for a small sign that will say Country Jubilee. The band is great and there is always a Steel Guitar player in the band.They will be playing July 9Th from 7:00PM to 10:00 PM most of the time they will play a half hour longer.If you go there look me up I will be sitting in the second row and my wife has pure White hair.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Last edited by Sam White on 8 Jul 2015 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jim O. Underwood

Fayetteville, NC
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2015 11:10 am     Country Bands in NC

Timber Wolf will be playing at Smalltown USA in Castalia, NC on July 11. Mr Steve Harrell on steel, one of the best ever.....you'll really enjoy the pickin. Show starts at 7:30 pm.

Doug Palmer

Greensboro, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2015 2:05 pm     Barry?

Barry, where are you going to be in NC? I have a few gigs and would love to have you sit in with us when I play the Sax!

Barry Gokee

Sault Ste Marie Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jul 2015 3:49 am    

Just traveling hiway 77 Charlotte- Winston Salem area, but will go farther to hear traditional country..
Nashville 112 Pro-fex

Doug Palmer

Greensboro, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jul 2015 8:49 am     NC Gigs

Barry,

I'll be at Carolina Dance Land in Lexington, NC tonight (Friday) and Dance Hall Daze in Kernersville, NC tomorrow (Saturday) night with The Jimmy Shirley Band. Both dances are 7:30 until 10:30. Come on out. You can set in on my steel while I play sax.

Nick Reed

Russellville, KY USA
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2015 8:01 am    

I think Clyde Matocks plays Steel down at the Ice House in Selma, NC on Saturday Nights. It's a great band and they play REAL COUNTRY music. I believe the band is called "Without Further Adue"