The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Time Jumpers at Delta State College in Cleveland, MS
Billy Henderson

Portland, AR, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2015 7:17 am    

This morning I recieved in the mail a circular stating the Time Jumpers will be performing at the Bologna Arts Center at Delta State College in Cleveland, MS. September 17 2015. I bought my tickets and got some good seats. For us good ol boys from the Delta it is a good chance to see the Time Jumpers. The entire band including Vince Gill and Paul Franklin is scheduled to appear. Again the Date is SEPTEMBER, l7 2015. This announcement is not official. Just something I got in the mail.

Steve Geis

Fayetteville, GA USA
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2015 3:10 am    

We just saw the Time Jumpers again for 2nd time on Monday 6-22. Awesome!! Just friggin' awesome. If you do nothing else in your musical quest, you absolutely must see the Time Jumpers.

Allen Howington

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2015 6:10 am     Tj

I have such an appreciation for every member of the Time Jumpers band, however I must say this from my heart, without Dawn Sears and John Hughey there will always be such a big void from the originality of the groups first impression on us (at least to me). As the old song says "Time Changes Everything". Today's Time Jumpers are all great musicians and I know they will set their own standards in our hearts, but first loves are hard to beat.

Steve Geis

Fayetteville, GA USA
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2015 6:39 am    

Allen, I concur; just thought I wouldn't go there. Dawn was there when we saw them last Feb 2014 and she was incredible, obviously. There still is no female singer in the group right now, I guess for respect to her and Kenny. We didn't go there when we talked to Kenny and Paul. John and Paul both are at the top of my list. Vince's too. Jean Hughey is usually there every Monday as she was last Monday, and I got to say hi to her again. She always has John's CD's there. She is a sweet lady.

Darrell Criswell

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2015 8:10 am    

I listened to Joe Spivey play fiddle when I lived in Colorado Springs, he had a steel player I think but I can't remember who he was (I think the name of the band was Cimarron). When I listened to Joe sometimes the audience was less than 10 people but I knew he was good. I think his band's name was Cimarron. Then there were a lot of good steel players in the springs then and a steel shop run by the late Mac McConnell who had Herbie Wallace there a number of times with a great band. Things sure change.

Barry Gokee

Sault Ste Marie Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2015 4:32 pm    

Yes Darrel, I also remember Joe in the springs. I played pedal steel with the Salt Creek Band at the Gold Dust. Some cools bands back then with that traditional country sound.
Nashville 112 Pro-fex

Jack Harper

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2015 5:05 am    

just found out I can't make this show because of my day gig. my boss doesn't understand the importance of this event. he seems to think 3 fiddles are just 3 violins and Kenny sears was once the worlds largest store and vince gill is how a fish breaths and ranger doug, he just doesn't understand at all.
September 15th, that is a thursday nite and there are plenty of tickets still available and not a bad seat in the house. delta state university, Cleveland, Mississippi at the bologna performing arts center, B.P.A.C..
ya'll join ol' billy in making this the success it oughta' be.

country jack....