The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  S-10--3 and 4--Nashville LTD black mica SOLD ! Thanks
Lonnie Portwood

Jacksonville, fl. USA
Post  Posted 21 May 2015 3:30 pm    

previous owner told me this guitar was built by Gary Rittenberry. SN 591 If you look at the pics, you'll see its very much like a Sho-bud. Pedal and levers have good, smooth, positive action. Set-up is basic "Emmons", but "E's" lower on RKL.

Both rear leg sockets have Heli-coils due to damaged threads in the sockets. Left works fine, but I removed the heli-coil on the right rear, filled with 3690 PSI JB Weld, drilled and tapped, and seems to be holding fine. I fashioned two braces on rear legs to aid in stabilising the lateral movement. As you can see, it has a George L E-66 P/up.

I bought this one to keep for myself, but have since found a Carter locally that a friend is going to sell me.

This a good guitar with lots of music left in it, and far better than any starter models you'll find at this price, $1350 Shipped US. PM me with any questions. Thanks for looking. Lonnie

Last edited by Lonnie Portwood on 1 Aug 2015 9:01 am; edited 2 times in total

David Higginbotham

Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 21 May 2015 3:37 pm    

Charlie Moore is looking for a S-10 with a half pad.
Dave

Lonnie Portwood

Jacksonville, fl. USA
Post  Posted 21 May 2015 3:44 pm    

If I can find them, I have more pics. I messed up the original decal but found these stick on letters at Hobby Lobby. I believe Mr Rittenberry may have some of the originals.

Lonnie Portwood

Jacksonville, fl. USA
Post  Posted 28 May 2015 6:41 am    

MORE PICS.

The stabilizers I installed are very easy to set up. You don't have to loosen the screws, notice the slot on top of bracket, inside of the skirt. Just lift bracket up, let bracket swing down, unscrew the leg, leaving the bracket attached. one second involved.

This guitar has beautiful tone, and exceptional "separation" on the higher end, comparable to any Emmons I've heard.

Don't let this one get by you. Lonnie

Lonnie Portwood

Jacksonville, fl. USA
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2015 10:38 am    

Bump

Lonnie Portwood

Jacksonville, fl. USA
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2015 7:56 am    

TTT

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2015 5:27 am    

this is a Rittenberry guitar, most likely, but I can tell you one thing, it sure isn't Ed's ... it is a good price too...

db

Rondall Jones

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2015 5:54 am    

Do you have pics of the case ?

Carl Heatley

Morehead City,NC
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2015 6:25 am    

How much does it weigh in the case?

Lonnie Portwood

Jacksonville, fl. USA
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2015 7:14 am    

SORRY FOR THE DELAY, MY COMPUTOR BLEW UP! tHE CASE WEIGHS 20 LBS, AND THE GUITAR WEIGHS 33LBS. i'LL HAVE PICS OF THE CASE LATER TODAY. Thanks, Lonnie

Mike DiAlesandro

Kent, Ohio
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2015 8:09 am    

Message sent.

Lonnie Portwood

Jacksonville, fl. USA
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2015 9:50 am    

HERE ARE PICS FOR THE CASE.

Lonnie Portwood

Jacksonville, fl. USA
Post  Posted 17 Jun 2015 10:30 am    

Still available, take another look. Lonnie

Mike Archer

church hill tn
Post  Posted 17 Jun 2015 10:59 am     ltd

this would be a great steel for anybody

if I could afford it it would be mine!!

Gary makes solid tone monster steels

go for it

mike Very Happy

Kevin Raymer

Chalybeate, Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jun 2015 3:30 pm    

I suspect it may be a Rittenberry..

I had a Naylor LTD and it had round shafts as was not nearly as slick as that one.

😁

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 17 Jun 2015 3:48 pm    

Kevin Raymer wrote:
I suspect it may be a Rittenberry..

I had a Naylor LTD and it had round shafts as was not nearly as slick as that one.

😁

Kevin, I can guarantee you this is Rittenberry guitar... I had Ed's LTD, and like you said, it was nothing even remotely close to this instrument...you can take off that LTD sticker, and stick on Rittenberry, nobody would know, because it is a Rittenberry ...

Mike Archer

church hill tn
Post  Posted 17 Jun 2015 3:55 pm     i say

as I said above it is Garys work

top notch too!

mike

Stephen Kuester

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2015 8:10 pm    

Payment sent overnight mail, certified check. Mr. Portwood says he doesn't know when he'll have time to pack up the steel and ship it, because he has a gig this weekend. Could be the first part of next week.

Not comfortable with $1300 floating out there with no definite shipping date or conclusion to the transaction.

Asking for the check to be returned.

Lonnie Portwood

Jacksonville, fl. USA
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2015 9:45 am    

Mr. Kuester has already filed a complaint to Bob after I explained that I would get the guitar packed and shipped by the week end if possible, if not, It would be the first of next week. Now, He's cast a bad reflection on my character, using the word "suspicious". Never mind that I have not recieved His check yet as of 2 PM on Tuesday, 14th. Go figure! Damir, have you ever had such an experience with your many transactions on this Forum? Oh Well! Lonnie

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2015 12:40 pm    

Lonnie, it takes me sometimes up to 3-4 weeks to ship a guitar, because of my work schedule, sometimes I wait for couple weeks to get a guitar or check...last guitar I was shipping to England took me 3 months to ship, but that guitar needed some work done tho...this looks like lightning fast transaction to me, with overnight payment, and guitar going out next week, I don't understand what the problem is?

Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2015 2:13 pm    

Mr. Kuester,If Lonnie told you he may not get it shipped until first of week and you wasn't comfortable with that, you should not have sent him a check. (or did you?) seems like you had no reason to complain to Bob. I've know Lonnie for a long time and He can be trusted 100%. I have no dog in this issue. Good luck Lonnie, Larry

Lonnie Portwood

Jacksonville, fl. USA
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2015 2:17 pm    

The check came (regular delivery) 20 minutes after posting here, and I immediately ran it down to PO, lady told me I could refuse it, would be sent right back to sender. Done! This guy even threatened to report to police, if I ddidn't ship by Wed, with tracking no. Mind you, at that point, I hadn't rec the check!

Thanks for your input all along on this matter. See ya down the road. By the way, I was in Nashville at the Chet Atkins Appreciation Society 31st annual convention. Wow! is all I can say.. Lonnie

Stephen Kuester

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2015 3:14 pm    

Apologies, Lonnie.

I sent a certified check, which is pretty much the same as cash and I sent it overnight express. The nature of the transaction gives me no security, and I expected prompt shipping. Sorry if im a drama queen, but having been burned in the past, I got a little weirded out when there was no definite shipping date other than 'maybe this week maybe next.' My defense mechanisms kicked into gear.

I clearly went into this transaction with the wrong expectations and I'm sorry we couldn't make it go down. I really wanted that guitar.

Best of luck.

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2015 5:42 pm    

Lonnie has been member in good standing here for the last 15 years, and if he was some kind of scammer, b0b would have taken care of that long time ago... I wouldn't have a problem sending him $10.000 (not like thats gonna happened lol)...

Stephen Kuester

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jul 2015 3:12 am    

I'm sure that's all true. I'm sure he's a great fella. I never accused Mr. Portwood of anything. You guys apparently have a "when I get around to it" shipping policy. That doesn't fly with me. Interesting business model.

Good luck with that.